Best storyline of the New 52?

I wouldn’t say it’s the best arc, but The Darkseid War is absolutely my favorite in every way.

2 Likes

@Vroom
My problem with Darkseid War is that Batman is a total idiot throughout the whole thing

“Oh, I guess I was just too busy punching him in the face to realize he was three different people. Sorry, guys!”

1 Like

@Batwing52 Fair enough, I still love the story to pieces though. On an entertainment scale, Darkseid War is an absolute masterpiece for me.

The sooner a new Fabok pencilled book comes along (besides Three Jokers), the better.

3 Likes

Geoff John’s Aquaman run was my favorite. I wish it had continued.

5 Likes

It might not be the absolute best, but Court of Owls definitely deserves a mention.

5 Likes

I love Batman and Robin eternal

2 Likes

Honestly, the only New 52 line I read was The Flash. Which I really enjoyed some of the things that were introduced in there. I did hear that the Wonder Woman New 52 run was amazing.

1 Like

The Geoff Johns Shazam was amazing I also really liked Batman endgame and I read both the Green Arrow and Flash runs of the New 52, and some Aquaman comics as well, my overall favorites are probably Flash and Shazam. The Nightwing run was amazing, I read that as well.

Jeff Lemire’s Animal Man was my favourite storyline. It crosses over with Swamp Thing and (briefly) Frankenstein Agent of S.H.A.D.E. I also really loved Azzarello’s Wonder Woman.

1 Like

Justice League Dark.
I love how every character worked with each other it gave us some killer dialogue from Constantine. Had some pretty kickin artwork and all the arcs were really good and enjoyable.
I could go into detail about all the great things in JLD but you just really have to read it.

Besides Demon Kights and Swamp thing it is pretty much the only comic I read more than 10 issues of during that time period.

4 Likes

“Godhead” is my favorite so far. The Lantern Corps, new guardians, red lanterns etc & the Old & New God’s, New Genesis, Apokolips, The source wall and so on. Great storyline, character usage, from start to finish an excellent read of imho.

Leifred

Just read yours as I finished mine. With u all the way, JLD has it all. Fantastic art, crossovers, storylines, characters, & twists & turns all the way thru. It also added a few more characters to my favorites list; Pandora, Nightmare Nurse, Frankenstein & Bride Of, Black Orchid plenty more. Of course Zatanna, Constantine, Det, Chimp, Xanadu but they were already favorites. Zatanna being my favorite DC character ever. I switch around here & there but Zana has been at number 1 for a while for me. I can’t find a “Z” pic that fits my emblem as perfectly as I want it to, or I’d have her instead of Catwoman, but Catwoman is barely behind “Z” for me anyways.

Geoff Johns flash run was awesome. Read it because Joshua Lapin-Bertone had it mentioned in a what’s next article under the get to know forums. Read em all w/o a break, great stuff.

Frankenstein Agent of S.H.A.D.E.

It was perfect and should be developed into a movie!

The best thing I read in N52 is Batman and Robin arc “Requiem for Damian”. The issues are about Batman going through 5 stages of grief with the help of his family (first issue is totally silent, no narration or speech bubbles). Heartbreaking, well written, and with a lot of character moments and development for Bruce. That’s how you make a character death count.

Storylines, not complete runs? My pics:

• Superman: Doomed
  • Justice League: Trinity War
  • Batman: Court of Owls
  • Wonder Woman: Blood

picks