Best Political DC Comics?

The most ironic is that you hate politics in comics but that’s always been one of the most well known aspects of comics.

3 Likes

Nice, another political comic ill have to check out

Oh i already read his run on the omega men, I really liked it.

2 Likes

I alluded to it. I love it when Ollie shoots the ring right into Hal’s hand.

2 Likes

It’s Vertigo, but the recent American Carnage by Bryan Edward Hill and Leandro Fernandez feels extremely relevant.

2 Likes

Thats still dc so I say it counts

1 Like

Green Arrow has always been pretty political. In addition to the famous Green Lantern/Green Arrow run in the 70s there’s also Mike Grell’s 1988 series that dealt with a lot of political issues (CIA involvement in foreign conflicts, fallout from Vietnam, etc.). Judd Winick’s series had Oliver Queen become mayor of Star City, so it was literally a political comic for a while. The Rebirth series has pitted Green Arrow against a lot of corrupt businessmen and politicians.

2 Likes

No, superheroes are.

1 Like

Superheros being political? Or superheros being one of the most well known aspects of comics?

1 Like

Super-Heroes? Political?

GASP!

“Superman Smashes the Klan” and the 90s’ “Superman: The Man of Steel” # 80-82 are excellent.

Frankly, I could stand for super-heroes to get more overtly political, not less. Trying to remain neutral only ever benefits the corrupt and powerful.

3 Likes

Oh! Also Far Sector!

2 Likes

It’s funny how people that want comics to be less political are the ones that don’t read comics

2 Likes

Mind sending a link?

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

Green Lantern /Green Arrow. Amazing stuff that is still incredibly relevant today. I think this page sums up everything about the series.

3 Likes

I remember seeing that on twitter, and it blow my mind.

#76 of Green Lantern is one of the best issues I have ever read, the only other issue that I hold in such high regard is #34 of Swamp Thing. It’s even better because in the TPB I have, the panel is only on 1 page, just to re-enforce how important it is.

2 Likes

for the picture of the green arrow/lantern. What series is that? As in what issue should I read?

1 Like

Hands down, the “Political Asylum” Etrigan storyline by the late/great Dwayne McDuffie is one of the most brilliant pieces of satire that is more relevant than ever 3 decades later

3 Likes

That’s looks funny, again ill be sure to check it out

1 Like

Panel is in #76, Full series is #76-89. Highly recommend a read
https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/series/green-lantern-1960/c873857c-4ddc-4b81-a125-d913f613e750

1 Like