Best Live Action Riddler?

By far, Gotham. Not just my favorite riddler, but my favorite villain of the series. He was played amazingly, turning from a weird and nerdy crime scene investigator, to a mastermind in the Gotham underworld, and I like how they acknowledge the silliness of the riddler name, but he proves that he’s no laughing matter.

Which was the best live action riddler?

0 voters

4 Likes

Gotham all the way. The other two are fun but they seem more classic. Gotham just fit with my vision of Riddler.

7 Likes

I agree. Well played @DefinitlyNOTJackRyder!

4 Likes

I’m gonna have to go with Frank Gorshin. Gotham Riddler is certainly the most narratively rich version, but 66 Riddler’s personality is just too entertaining too deny.

8 Likes

Gotham by far. Him and the Penquin are what made Gotham a great show. When you find yourself rooting for a villian, you know they are playing that part to perfection.

7 Likes

Easy win for Gotham, Riddler in that is perfect casting. Nails the edginess and bits of insanity to a tee.

6 Likes

Jim Carrey Riddler along with Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face are perfect, I’m hoping that Paul Dano Riddler in The Batman would be good, next to Robert Pattinson Batman, Zoe Kravitz Catwoman, and Colin Farrel Penguin.

2 Likes

Gorshin all the way for me! He established the mercurial manic laughter/menacing intensity presence that the Joker subsequently ripped off!

p.s. lol ouch

Screenshot_2020-12-09_23-43-26

3 Likes

No vote for Jim Carrey, no wonder he doesn’t look happy, I had to go with Frank Gorshin, but there is another Riddler you forgot to add…

John Astin. Had he shave off the mustache, he would’ve got the perfect comic book look, but Frank Gorshin is still the winner in my book.:slightly_smiling_face::question:

2 Likes

Gotham is one of my most favorite shows ever. The show’s portrayal of many characters became the best version of them in my eyes. It definitely has my pick for the best Riddler. The Riddler/Penguin dynamic was one of the best things in that show.

4 Likes

Agreed. Riddler isn’t just some egotistical maniac, he has actually backstory and is enjoyable to watch. Even when he announces his name to Lucius, it still feels so deep.

3 Likes

While I can agree that campy Riddler is a classic, Gotham Riddler is what I feel our present day Riddler is. He’s not just a guy who likes riddles to mess with Batman, but he isn’t afraid to kill or hurt people. In my opinion, he has gotten darker in comics over the years, and I think Gotham represents that aspect of his character. It’s not on here as an option, but I also like Riddler in the Arkham games, for this exact reason, and it’s perfectly mixed in with his egotistical character.

I mean, one of Selina’s deaths in the AK game is from a bomb collar…

2 Likes

I mean… if I saw that face show up on my doorbell camera asking if I had any spare glitter to give him, or else… yeah, I wouldn’t vote for him either, he tried to take my glitter that I absolutely need.

2 Likes

:laughing:

2 Likes

oh yes he’s my favorite! that Max Headroom thing! I love it!

1 Like

Well Jim got my vote- I wasn’t paying attention as I tried scrolling down to read the comments :man_facepalming:

I like Jim, but his Riddler was too over the top. More Jim Carrey than Riddler. Jim would play a killer Joker though…

I would have voted Frank Gorshin for now, with high hopes that Paul Dano will take the title soon.

2 Likes