Best Justice League story

What is your favorite Justice League story?
Mine is the Tower of Babel storyline where Ra’s Al Ghul used Batman’s secret files on how to defeat each Justice League member to defeat them. Lot of thought went into the specific methods for each person, showed Batman was ready for anything, and sowed mistrust of him for some time.

3 Likes

Tower of Babel is my favorite too,@ImpulseMaxMercury! I also strongly recommend Crisis On Infinite Earths if you have never read it!

2 Likes

Crisis on infinite earths was a milestone for me also. I’ve been strictly DC since the early 80’s and I was still trying to read all of the back catalogue that predated me. Crisis was a huge help/stepping stone to prepare me for the future as well as wrap 50 years of continuity into a tidy little bow.

1 Like

I have read Crisis on Infinite Earths and loved it. I grew up on the early 1990’s comics but enjoyed reading the attempt at clarifying the different continuity from before. Massive undertaking. Seeing the references to the Monitor appearing on this year’s Arrowverse crossover has me so excited!!!

2 Likes

Identity Crisis is the best JL story for me. But there have been so many others.

1 Like

The Darkseid War.

2 Likes

Tower of Babel was the first to pop into my head, so I’ll go with that. Heck, the whole Mark Waid run is really memorable.

@jamesasexton007.60473 that was a great story too. Explained how some villains seemed to get sillier when they were worse earlier on. The murder mystery and the motive behind it was also gripping. Brad Meltzer crafted a great story.

2 Likes

Also I Loved the Identity Crisis follow up/sequel in the Justice League comic. And going real old school, loved original Justice League issues 195-197. JLA and JSA vs Secret Society of Super Villians. Wonderful mix of characters, great artwork and writing. A real standout epic adventure IMHO and it’s here in the app.

3 Likes

Justice League of America #81: Plague of the Galactic Jest-Master. Wild, wonky, wonderful silver age fun by Denny O’Neill and Dick Dillin that spins a tale of madness that strikes very close to the League.