BEST JOKER

Who portrayed Joker the best? I think Heath Ledger by far but what’s all of your thoughts? And how do you feel about Joaquin Phoenix portraying the Clown Prince of Crime?

3 Likes

Cesar Romero was my first encounter with the Joker and his face is the face I automatically think of when I think of Joker. That being said, when I hear his voice - it’s always Hamill.

I am going to take the Joaquin Phoenix movie for what it is and try not to judge it until I have seen it - I can never get enough of the Clown Prince of Crime.

Jared Leto has me intrigued with his portrayal of the Joker.

Joaquin Phoenix looks decent I’ll give it a shot but I kinda like the perma-white Joker

3 Likes

If you are talking live action only hands down has to be Jared Leto. If you are putting in Animation into the mix it is hands down Mark Skywalker…Luke Hamill…or was it Mark Hamill so many names to remember in my old age. LOL :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My vote is for Mark Hamill. I like him better than ALL the live action versions. And considering he played the Trickster on The Flash (the 90’s version and the CW version) he’s only a green wig and some white clown make up away from being an equally superior live action Joker.

1 Like

Live-Action: Heath Ledger
Animation: Mark Hamill

3 Likes

Jack Nicholson never seems to get any love for some reason. I thought he was really good (but that’s to be expected - Nicholson’s a brilliant actor just in general). And this is weird, but I thought Kevin Michael Richardson was a pretty good Joker on The Batman. Mark Hamill is definitely the best. Troy Baker is also good, but it’s weird because he’s basically just doing a Mark Hamill impression (it’s also kind of funny that he’s voiced Batman, the Joker, and all of the first three Robins at various points - the latter four in the Arkham series alone). The entire cast from the Adam West show definitely don’t get enough credit. For a less frightening, silver-age Joker, you couldn’t ask for a better performance than Cesar Romero. My overall picks would be Hamill in general and Nicholson for live action specifically.

2 Likes

Some jabronie made a under the red hood fan trailer. You hear Hamill’s joker laugh in the background for the opening shot and it gave me chills I got so freaking excited, then I found out it was just made for fun. Definitely going Hamill as my favorite. Then Jack Nicholson shoot I’ve danced with the devil in the pale moonlight.

1 Like

Hamill for voiceovers & Ledger live action tough to top.

2 Likes

Mark Hamill is number 1 … that voice and that LAUGH pretty much define the Joker for me. On screen I loved Heath Ledger and still enjoy pulling out my DVD and watching him do his thing at least once a year.

3 Likes

Nicholson was amazing! Ledger is my fave though.

3 Likes

Yes! Ledger!!!

2 Likes

Mark Hamill…enough said.

3 Likes

MARK HAMILL

3 Likes

That’s easy, Mark Hamil is hands down the best portrayal of the Joker did n any media. He defined the character. And then there’s that laugh, it sends chills down my spine in so many different ways. That’s not to mention the theatrical quality he pours into every word. The dramatic ups and downs that truly define the Joker and make his the perfect voice. I couldn’t imagine him sounding any other way. I don’t even see him as an actor playing a character like I do most other performances in any form of media, I just see his as the Joker. I mean, it’s almost like Mark Hamil was made to play the character. Arkham is right there in the middle of his name. mARKHAMil. It’s right there, clear as day.

1 Like

See, Mark Hamill was a great VOICE of the Joker. You can sound like Joker all you want, but Mark did
NOT do what Heath Ledger,Cesar Romero, Jack Nicholson and Jared Leto did. Mark Hamill shouldn’t even be relevant when it comes to who portrayed joker best. He didn’t portray him, all he did was voice him. I just think that it’s so disrespectful to the four men, especially Ledger, to say that bc Mark just did a voice. He didn’t ACT like the four did. To me, Heath Ledger was the best Joker and there isn’t even a thought about anyone else topping him, but to put Mark Hamill where Romero, Nicholson, Ledger and Leto are aren’t right bc he just did a voice. For the others who VOICED JOKER, HECK YEAH he’s the best! But you can’t compare an animated character to the four men who ACTUALLY PHYSICALLY became the Joker with their voice and in real life, not just on an animated television show. Hamill was a great VOICE for the Joker, yes, but just bc his voice is cool doesn’t mean he can be the best actor who portrayed Joker cause he didn’t portray or acted as Joker like the four others did. Yes he was a good voice, but you can’t compare a voice actor to an actual actor who was SEEN as the Joker on screen. You just can’t.

1 Like