Best Friends (Not): Characters Who Might Be Best Friends If They Met

The rules are simple. Name two characters who haven’t already met or have heard of each other before.

Could even be from the wider multiverse to allow people to get as creative as possible. So Wildstorm, Milestone, Young Animals, etc.

5 Likes

Harley Quinn and Hitman

Poison Ivy and Natt the Hat

5 Likes

and

8 Likes

My first pick would be Enchantress and Hardware

I love both these characters and one of their personality quirks are being known jerks. Even when Enchantress is a hero, she’s incredibly sarcastic and mean-spirited to others, while hardware doesn’t really make it a mission for people to like him. They hate authority figures and are people who take themselves way too seriously.

Whenever they had protégés. Curtis and June make nothing easy for them and are tough teachers.

Even though they come from entirely different worlds. Tech and magic. I still imagine both would find common ground and become solid allies.

4 Likes

Always trying to bring up Hitman, eh? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

ej-always-have

5 Likes

Has anyone wanted to see Mongul and Despero meet? I don’t think neither met yet but wouldn’t it be cool to see these two maniacal evil warlords, after trying to kill each other, become best friends…

I hope it would be like this

5 Likes

I got another one…

Ryan Wilder Batwoman and Jace Fox Batman.

It’s actually crazy how similar they are to each other. Both are African-American superheroes who stole a bulletproof bat suit. Both have a criminal background and have a complicated past with authority figures to not trust them all that much.
Both have modified said Batsuit to show their different and “represent” people like them.

Both make social justice a vocal point of their vigilantism. Both have association or are adjacent to the Batwing character.

Their personalities are slightly different but not by much. Ryan is more casual while Jace is more contemplative. Ryan grew up poor to only later become the CEO of Wayne Enterprises and also found out she was the daughter of a wealthy family. Meanwhile, Jace lived for most of his adult life pragmatically and avoid the wealth of his family for years until he decided to become Batman and took advantage of that wealth and resources to be hero.

They aren’t my favorite characters(actually kind of annoyed by them :smile:) but I obviously know enough about them and what they are to see how if they ever met, both would actually hit it off quite well to become best friends.

4 Likes

Alan Moore worst nightmare about vigilantes: Rorschach

Alan Moore best case scenario vigilante: V

Sure they are complete polar opposites yet share a strong moral code with a tendency to get crazy. Maybe that could be enough for a odd friendship between these vigilantes.

6 Likes

spoke and batman

4 Likes

This one is pretty good. the idea that comes to my mind is misery loves company. The kind of dynamic I see these two having is moody and meditative. Two tragic superheroes that have lost their humanity could find a sort of cosmic existential connection if they ever met.

Eternity Girl(Caroline Sharp/Chrysails)

Breach (Tim Zanetti)

5 Likes

This is a tough one…

4 Likes

I think Luke Fox and Jessica Cruz might be good friends. I say friends and not boyfriend and girlfriend because I don’t want to immediately ship people who hadn’t met. I just think they’re fun characters who could make a great team together. Plus blue and green aesthetics are so cool.

6 Likes

We met in her very first storyline where I gave her a great big hug.

4 Likes

You meant Luke, right?

3 Likes

Matu Ba and Alfred Pennyworth should’ve been best buddies when they were alive

2 Likes

Lol yeah. I love David Zavimbe, but I imagine he’s too serious and wouldn’t have the same dynamic with Cruz I’m picturing with Luke in my head.

3 Likes

David Zavimbe and Freedom Beast would work amazingly together too, I think

4 Likes

I am reminded of Multiplicity, which was annotated here in this, I guess appropriately termed a fan art transitive fan-work by someone on a blogger or tumblr page:

While we have had, for example, Injustice Supes meeting Prime Supes, or Crime Syndicate Supes meeting Injustice Supes and so forth, we don’t necessarily get the more interesting possibilities.

For example, how about Prime Earth (pre-Flashpoint) Barry Allen, meeting Injustice Flash, meeting the Flash (Wally West) from DCAU, as well as say either the Nu52 AU Jay Garrick, post the Earth 2 collapse or the Jay Garrick from the 1940s book, straight out of college and barely dating Joan, so well before meeting Barry in the Silver Age, and these Flashes hanging out with say the Bar-Tor from the Nu52 Teen Titans before that big reveal?

How would that lunch date go? Who would eat the most? Who would get along the best?

I suspect the Injustice Barry and the DCAU Wally would get along famously with one another and get along well with all the rest, and the pre-FP Barry would have difficulties understanding the world view of either of the Jay’s but perhaps easily cotton on that Bar-Tor isn’t Bartholomew Henry…

3 Likes

This is something I always been interested to talk about. Like this whole topic was made specifically for these two.

Despite all the things that happened with DC Universe. How come Darkseid and Mongul haven’t already met?

-Superman’s most powerful foes

-Rulers of evil planets.

-Are sadistic masterminds.

-Their love of thrones.

Let’s be clear in a physical confrontation I imagine Mongul would have a grueling battle with Darkseid yet would ultimately lose to him simply because Darkseid has more abilities than Mongul. Nevertheless I also like to believe, neither would see no benefit in fighting each other and decide to call a truce and even an alliance.

The Universe deadliest alliance and evil bros. Too powerful for the DC universe.

5 Likes