Best Fathers????

on Mother’s Day we talked about the best and worst mothers, so I think it’s only fair to now talk about the best and worst fathers of DC. Who in your opinion are the best fathers? And who in your opinion are the worst fathers?

4 Likes

Best Fathers:

Batman; raised like 8 kids or so and made them all badasses in their own way.

Jonathan Kent

Joe West

J’onn J’onzz; Space Dad is Best Dad

Worst Fathers:

Barry Allen; keeps fucking up the timeline and erasing kids

James Gordon; how the hell does he not know his teenage daughter is running around the city assaulting criminals when he’s supposed to be a cop and detective???

Trigon; I definitely wouldn’t call the literal incarnation of the devil a good father.

4 Likes

Floyd Lawton. I really feel for him, i know what it feels like personally to be imprisoned and beg to see you’re child.

1 Like

I would say that Batman is a terrible father lol

1 Like

Top 5 fathers or father figures

1: Alfred Pennyworth
2 : Alfred Pennyworth
3: Alfred Pennyworth
4 : Alfred Pennyworth

And

5 : Alfred Pennyworth

Nobody is within 100 light years of Alfred

Worst
1: Darkseid (it’s freakin Darkseid, nuff said)
2: Trigon
3: Game Master
4: Batman (the definition of the absentee father. The worst part is he’s physically there.)
5: Superman (you let your kid go off with Gramps Jor-El & he brings him back, what like 10 years older. That’s a really poor parental choice.

3 Likes

Bruce: “I would like to dress as a bat and punch people”
Alfred: “Ok…”
Bruce:“I need a cave”
Alfred:“Sure…”

Alfred is the father of the century

1 Like

Joe West. I miss him having mushy scenes about how much he loves Barry every episode. But Barry doesn’t deserve him!

4 Likes

I’ve not been a fan of the recent trend to make Alfred Bruce’s father figure. Batman’s not exactly well-adjusted and a therapist would have a field day with the idea of Alfred as an enabler.

Best: Buddy Baker
Worst: Trigon

3 Likes

Best
Jonathan Kent
Buddy Baker

Worst
Deathstroke
Trigon
Zeus

4 Likes

Shoutout to J’onn J’onzz/ Martian Manhunter. Feel like he’s kind of everyone’s Dad, lol (atleast the versions that I’m familiar with).

3 Likes

Jonathan Kent.

Nothing more needs to be said.

4 Likes

Best: Alfred
Worst:Trigon

At least that’s what I think anyways.

2 Likes

Clark Kent

2 Likes

Best: Jonathan Kent
Worst: Clark Kent
Go figure.

1 Like

Best Alfred
Close second Martian Manhunter

Worst Darksied

1 Like

Supes is a good dad, Batman is a unique dad, and Slade is the worst dad.

Actually worst father has to be Ra’s Al Ghul. I mean, do I really have to explain? He’s abused his daughter multiple times, he trains all of his “offspring” or mentees how to kill and when you yourself refuse to kill, he tries to kill you.

1 Like

Zeus is the worst dad. He slept with his daughters, enough said.

3 Likes

Best: Black Lightning
Worst: Trigon
Although, LegndKillerX has me rethinking my decision.

Alfred is the best dad! He not only has to deal with Batman/Bruce Wayne, but he also has to deal with his sidekicks as well. Also, the fact that he can sass back at Damian Wayne, one of the biggest stains in the DC Universe, is enough to make me admire him even more.

Worst: definitely Trigon. Dude practically destroys all of Azarath, takes Raven to Hell and torments her, and then constantly tries to use her in order to conquer worlds.
(Sportsmaster from Young Justice and Deathstroke are both close seconds).