Best Episode Tournament: Batman The Animated Series

Hardest one.

7 Likes

The poll is now close, and here’s our top 10 final winners for Round 3. :smiley:

Round 3 Winners
Heart Of Ice
Appointment In Crime Alley
Perchance To Dream
Almost Got’em
Christmas With The Joker
Harley & Ivy
Trial
The Man Who Killed Batman
Shadow Of The Bat Part 1 & 2
Harley’s Holiday

Round four will be up in a few minutes. :smiley: Thankyou for voting everybody!

7 Likes

A great batch!

7 Likes

Round Four

:thinking: Boy this will be a tough one, which episodes will be in the final five?

• Heart Of Ice
  • Appointment In Crime Alley

0 voters

• Perchance To Dream
  • Almost Got’em

0 voters

• Christmas With The Joker
  • Harley & Ivy

0 voters

• Trial
  • The Man Who Killed Batman

0 voters

• Shadow Of The Bat Part 1 & 2
  • Harley’s Holiday

0 voters

Thankyou for voting! :smiley:

:batman:

7 Likes

Hey @HubCityQuestion, @Huntress_Helena & @Sean-Malloy, round 4 poll is now up. :smiley::arrow_up:

8 Likes

Putting “Trial” against “The Man Who Killed Batman” is so tough. But star studded villain appearances aside, I think Sid the Squid had the stronger story.

6 Likes

I just recently bought BTAS on Amazon Prime, got a great deal for the set on blue ray, and have been enjoying the heck out of it. Also included two of the BTAS movies. which i havent dived into yet.

I think the one episode I enjoyed a lot so far is the episode The Favor, in which Charlie Collins is driving along on the interstate, having a bad day, lol and he cuts off the Joker, who in turn manages to run Charlie off the road and corners him, but lets him go after Charlie pleades to be let go and will owe him one.

and the Joker did come back for that favor 2 entire years later, which made me go wow. I mean a month sure, but Joker evidently had it all written down. Shrugs.

anyhow fun episode.

Also i think the writers on the show were not permitted to show Batman actually breaking through any glass windows as at the time, the uppity ups were worried about children doing it… shrugs, dunno where i heard that from. but i thought i did.

But i find it could be true, because back in the day, kids were at times caught in the news getting in trouble for lighting things on fire because they saw it done on Beavis and Butthead, or people getting hurt because they saw something done on MacGuyver. which is why at some point on MacGuyver RDA stopped narrating how he was using chemicals or making things in what ever detail he was before.

sheeple ruining the fun for everyone.

9 Likes

I broke through glass many times. Joker once said I just love cleaning it up.

7 Likes

There were certain things they couldn’t show. Bruce Timm actually has a drawing out there of everything they weren’t allowed to show in one picture. It’s surprisingly tasteful. Gotta love the snark.

7 Likes

Any idea where to see it?

7 Likes

@Sean-Malloy it’s in the book by Paul Dini called, ‘Batman Animated.’ I actually still have the book. :grinning:

6 Likes

Still available?

8 Likes

I think it’s out of print, to my suprise 1 website wanted it for $163 dollars and Ebay ((which I don’t trust) wanted it for $200!
If you try to find a book with a cheaper price, just becareful and do research on that store website so you don’t get scam. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Hello everybody, round 4 voting is now over, May the 4th be with these winners to the end! The top 5 winners…

Round 4 Winners
Heart Of Ice
Almost Got’em
Christmas With The Joker
The Man Who Killed Batman
Harley’s Holiday

Round 5 poll will be up in a minute.:slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Hello everybody, here’s Round five for Best Episode of Batman The Animated Series…

Round 5

• Heart Of Ice
  • Almost Got’em
  • The Man Who Killed Batman

0 voters

• Christmas With The Joker
  • Harley’s Holiday

0 voters

Which episodes will be in the final 3 in the final round? It’s up to you! :smiley:

:batman:

My hat is off to @RexRebel, he’s really a tournament pro, this is a second time the tournament turn into a odd number! :man_facepalming::man_shrugging:

7 Likes

That first one was tough. It’s like choosing between brands of chocolate ice cream. I love them all! (Eh? Children? Oh yeah, I guess that would be hard to choose between too.)

@Sean-Malloy , if all you want is the single image, do a careful Google search. Putting in some of the keywords can bring up some sketchy stuff if you aren’t careful but I wouldn’t say the image itself is too bad. Probably wouldn’t show it to kids but I wouldn’t freak out if they saw it.

6 Likes

@Sean-Malloy if you like I can take a picture of it from my book, and send you DM to show you the picture, I don’t think the Moderators would allow it on here. That way you won’t accidentally hit bad stuff that @TheBatgirlofNML mention. :slightly_smiling_face: Just let me know.

5 Likes

Just luck.

5 Likes

@Sean-Malloy , if you want to see the picture (and haven’t yet) google “Batman the animated series 9 taboos at once” It will pop up first or second in the images section. And there weren’t any objectionable pictures to my mind until after scrolling two pages. (I didn’t see any but there might have been some later.)

5 Likes

thanks

6 Likes