Best DC Animated Series / Live Action Film?

What would you say is your #1 favorite DC animated series & live action film of all time? :eyes:

5 Likes

Animated Series: Young Justice

Live Action Film: Superman the Movie

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure YJ was the very first animated series I watched! :heart::heart::heart:

Aside from the stray batman shows here and there…I didn’t watch it as a series though.

I actually sat down to “start” YJ and am so excited to see a season 3!

4 Likes

Live action movie: Superman: The Movie

Animated series: a tie between Justice League Unlimited and Young Justice. The Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians comes in at a very close second place.

4 Likes

Ohh I have not seen the GG one, @vroom.
Looks like it’s not here on DCU. I’ll have to go hunt it down elsewhere.

2 Likes

LW, TSPTGG is on DCU (that’s alot of abbreviations). It’s listed as the final season of Super Friends. To me it’s a seperate, follow up show like The New Batman Adventures is to BTAS but it’s considered as the final iteration of SF by some.

Give it a look, it’s alot of fun!

3 Likes

Ohh, Ok cool!!
I will!

2 Likes

I expect a report on the first episode :wink:

2 Likes

I’m not too crazy about any of DC’s live action movies, to be quite honest. Does Road to Perdition count?

As for animated series, if you asked me any time between 1995 and last month, I would have said Batman: The Animated Series. But I’m coming to terms with the fact that, as a whole, Young Justice is a more thoroughly realized vision.

1 Like

Road to Perdition does count as the book it’s based on was published under a DC imprint (Vertigo? IDK offhand). It counts as much any non-WB released DC film would.

Given how few live action movies are currently on here they would be out of place now. But if the movies selection ever grows enough it would be fun to have Road to Perdition and A HIstory of Violence on here. Just to show off the variety of stories that have come from comic books. Although would not really work for people when it would be a large chunk of live action at the moment. But if we get to having more on here it would be a nice addition.

If the licensing to non-WB released DC movies could be worked out, I’d be all for seeing the following on DCU:

-Batman: The Movie
-The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
-the Red movies
-Road to Perdition
-The Spirit

I highly doubt any non-WB DC content will come here though, do to the sheer volume WB owns. It’s neat to dream though.

@Vroom Aye, aye, Cap’n!

1 Like

I’d go
Watchmen
Wonder Woman
Aquaman
Batman ‘89
Man of Steel

Top 5. BvS & JL honorable mention.

2 Likes

My favorites are:
Animation: Batman the animated series
Film: The Dark Knight

Green Lantern TAS
Man Of Steel

Under the Red Hood is the best animated film
BvS is the best live film

Young Justice is my favorite animated series, and The Dark Knight is my favorite live-action movie.

BTAS by far and the Bale Trilogy

I am wondering you what do you believe are the best cartoons from DC Comics, Marvel Etc from over the years? :grin: :grinning: :thinking: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes