Best Cast Actor / Actress

Brenton Thwaites just really embodies Dick Grayson to me. He looks the parts and the way he portrays the character is just spot on in my opinion.

5 Likes

Mark Hamill

Kevin Conroy

Carl Lumbly

Arleen Sorkin

Jeffrey Combs

Michael Shanks

Brec Bassinger

Ariel Winter

Christopher Reeves

Clancy Brown

Michael Rosenbaum

Maria Canals

Justin Hartley

5 Likes

5 Likes

Jackie Earle Haley as Walter Kovacs/Rorschach and Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Edward Blake/The Comedian were both perfect castings for Watchmen.

3 Likes

Michael Rosenbaum and John Glover as Lex and Lionel. Smallville had great casting.

3 Likes

Being a fan of Doom Patrol, I agree with you, but let’s not forget the actor who plays the physical Negative Man, Matthew Zuk. This man could easily have been a silent movie actor in an earlier era, since he not only has to convey emotion and feeling with his body, but he is hampered with a covered face. The tenderness he showed in the episode where Larry says a final goodbye to John Bowers-brilliant acting on his part as well as voice work by Matt Bomer!

As for April Bowlby, I think many people know what a fan I am of hers! It was so cool to chat with her here on DC Universe (In the show, Rita hardly likes anyone else’s ideas-the fact she liked MY suggestions made me feel special!). You could tell she is really into the character she plays, although I hope we’ll get more into her character in season three. She seemed to be overshadowed by the others, especially Crazy Jane (Diane Guererro, also awesome).

6 Likes

This might be triggering but I genuinely do like Curran Walters as Jason Todd in Titans. While some may not like this version of the character, anytime he needs to be emotional or be the happy and cocky version from his Robin days, he brings those emotions in and you can tell. I have also watched some of his interviews and take a glance at his social medias from time to time, and he loves the character. He studies Jason Todd, he’ll show that he’s working out for the role, he does things that “Robin” would do, he sometimes posts up coming DC shows/films (such as Batwoman, Joker, Wonder Woman)… he loves his role and he gives it his all.

And of course, Margot Robbie is the perfect live action Harley Quinn, and Gal Gadot is my favorite WW from today, as Lynda Carter is the classic WW.

original

tumblr_inline_p4k932wBnd1v3s63h_500

4 Likes

All of these are fantastic for their roles. And I agree with everything you said about Curran Walters and can not wait to see what he brings to the show this season since it’s a big one for him.

4 Likes

I don’t know if we’re counting animation too or just the live action stuff, but I strongly believe there is no better Joker than Mark Hamill, and Kevin Conroy’s Batman never fails to delight. As for live action, I’ve gotta say Grant Gustin’s Flash, Matt Ryan’s Constantine, Tom Cavanaugh’s Reverse Flash, Christian Bale’s Batman, and of course Adam West and Burt Ward.

5 Likes

I thought Michael Shannon was a great Zod. He has a great militaristic self righteous feel to him. I think the script didn’t let him truly get in depth into the role.

4 Likes

This may be a bit of an oddball answer (idk what the general consensus on the fandom’s thoughts here), but I think Ryan Reynolds was a spot on casting choice for Hal Jordan. Reynolds is obviously great in that cocky, quick-witted, and over-confident style of Jordan’s early GL days. But I also think he’s a pretty great actor and can handle himself pretty well in the serious and conscious attitude of the character later down the line. It’s unfortunate that he wasn’t given the proper chance and that the film kind of fell on its face. But I’m also pretty happy with him as Deadpool, so I guess you win some and you lose some.

5 Likes

I’m surprised no one has mentioned Tyler Hoechlin as CW’s Superman. He didn’t even have to audition for the role!

6 Likes

best favorite cast actor

john cena as peacemaker

daniela melchior as ratcatcher 2

nicole mainer as dreamer

will smith as deadshot

6 Likes

Michael Cain as Alfred
(The reason I say this is because I disqualify Heath Ledger as the Joker)

6 Likes

Christopher Reeves-Superman
Ben Affleck-Batman
Teri Hatcher-Lois Lane
Cameron Monaghan-Kinda Joker
Margot Robbie-Harley
Grant Gustin-Flash
Michelle Pfeiffer-Catwoman

7 Likes

And Michael Rosenbaum as Lex Luthor

4 Likes

Hey @JadenNeos, welcome back to the community! :sparkler: These are some fantastic picks.

Please let the moderator team know if you need anything! :batparrot:

4 Likes

Kevin Conroy as the Batman of Earth-99 :grin: best evil Batman ever depicted in live-action.

4 Likes

John Cryer has really been shining as Lex Luthor. One of the bright spots in Supergirl. I still remember him playing Duckie. ( I am getting old )

3 Likes

Even though the movie wasn’t great I loved Brandon Routh as Superman. I felt like he was the perfect follow up to Christopher Reeves. And I loved Timothy Dalton as Niles Caulder. And I definitely have to say Gal Gadot is a perfect Wonder Woman

4 Likes