Best Batman Wingman Poll

Pretty simple. Choose who you feel is the best Batman sidekick. Feel free to explain why you chose who ya chose. Have fun!

• Alfred Pennyworth
  • Dick Grayson
  • Jason Todd
  • Barbara Gordon
  • Damian Wayne
  • Tim Drake
  • Cassandra Cain
  • Stephanie Brown
  • Kate Kane
  • Ace The Bat-Hound
  • Jean-Paul Valley
  • Duke Thomas
  • Helena Bertinelli

0 voters

10 Likes

:older_man:

8 Likes

It was a tossup for me. He was a very close second.

4 Likes

Cassandra Cain is the best Batfamily character. But the one who works best AS a sidekick is Tim.

Alfred is more of a guardian than a sidekick, IMO.

15 Likes

Dick Grayson, people!

6 Likes

Dick is the best Nightwing! I don’t know how I feel about him as a sidekick. He’s too good on his own.

8 Likes

I don’t see Harley Quinn on there! they even had a movie… lol

6 Likes

Not on this list, buddy! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

In an episode of “Justice League Action,” Etrigan offered to become Batman’s new sidekick. Perhaps if Batman accepted the offer, the Demon would’ve been on the poll. As it is though… I really have a hard time choosing.

7 Likes

Dick Grayson and Damian Wayne is my favorite pairing, but my favorite Batfamily member is Barbara Gordon.

5 Likes

I figured it would be Alfred, Dick, and Tim for the top three. In that order. I’m hoping the voting sample grows and with all the reorganization at DC they see it and think “Hey! Look at these wonderful characters. Maybe we should show them the loves! Let’s give em some sugar!”

I’m a crazy dreamer though. I’d love a Batfamily book with all of these characters. Well, Todd and Azrael are a bit harder to incorporate, but it could be done, right?

6 Likes

They are the best emotional surport Batman could have

4 Likes

Tim is definitely the best sidekick in terms of actually being a sidekick even though I wouldn’t rank him higher than sixth or so in terms of general favoritism.

Though for the record, the first five - Bruce, Dick, Babs, Cass, Jean-Paul (yes, really) - are all among my top ten DC heroes and Tim is #13 (yes, I maintain a detailed list of my favorite heroes and villains - at one point I attempted to rank every single DC hero I knew enough about to have an informed opinion on, but I haven’t updated that list in a while) so it’s not like I don’t like him.

Also agree that I don’t really think of Alfred as a sidekick. I like it better when he’s less involved with Batman and more Bruce’s tether to his “normal” side.

7 Likes

I included Alfred because of his time in the field fighting baddies and his willingness to put it on the line. One of my all time favorite stories is Joker’s Wild.

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m not disputing his being in the poll, just saying why I didn’t vote for him.

3 Likes

Didn’t think you were, but just explaining in case.

2 Likes

My main reason for the poll is curiosity. I am getting the feeling that as fans our favorite bat characters aren’t showing up the way we would like. Or that characters we wish to see in certain roles aren’t in those roles. I’d like to see Azrael too. I’ve been reading his solo. I like it. I didn’t read it back when because I didn’t hear anything positive about it.

4 Likes

I chose Duke because the person driving just hit a pothole when I was scrolling down and my thumb slipped. For some reason it’s not letting me change my answer.

8 Likes

I chose Dick because he was the original Robin and I’m sentimental. Even when I started reading in the 1970s Robin was heading to college and his own adventures. He only guest starred now and then, but it was cool because he was a young man rather than a 10 year old kid.

7 Likes

:sweat_smile:

4 Likes