Best Batman Graphic Novel?

This forum is to meet people and discuss their thoughts on what Batman story they think would make the best live action tv mini series!

2 Likes

I’ll get the conversation going. And I’ll choose to go a little more recent. I feel seeing this in live action format would encapsulate “who Batman is”! Also the ending to court of owls, where it’s left “open” would play out well when ending the series leaving us viewers wanting more. Much like how when you finished reading the comics!

1 Like

The Long Hallowen

4 Likes

Hush

2 Likes

Hush

1 Like

I would LOVE a No Man’s Land series of movies, or at least a three-part Knightfall

2 Likes

No Man’s Land!

1 Like

Knightfall, Hush, or Death In The Family.

2 Likes

The Long Halloween

1 Like

Though it’s not very good a rewrite of Superman: speeding bullets would be great

(Elseworld where Superman is Bruce Wayne)

1 Like

Long Halloween

2 Likes

Long Halloween.

1 Like

Batman: White Knight

3 Likes

Sean Gordon Murphy’s White Knight no question

1 Like

Year One

1 Like

Are we allowed to choose Trades or does it have to be a full graphic novel? I’m seeing other people choose trade paperbacks as their choice.

1 Like

A great graphic novel.
Did anyone read it and what did you think about it.

9 Likes

I always appreciate getting to see Batman’s vulnerability. Stories like The Cult remind us why Robin is so valuable as a partner.

8 Likes

:batman_hv_1:HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Here is the link to read on DCU:
:open_book: Batman: The Cult (4-Part Series)

Looking to reconnect with The Dark Knight after heavy Birds of Prey and Deathstroke (The Terminator) reading, I picked Batman: The Cult out of my “To Read” list. Boy, did it deliver!

This short series has:

• 50-page installments!

• Gritty, psychedelic, old school art that - when read in panel mode - will blow your mind! The textures are super similar to modern video game graphics, using crafty layering techniques to make each panel pop.

• A deep story that showcases both Gotham’s dark side and Batman’s struggle to protect it… and I thought “Zero Year” was crazy! (Did this comic inspire Zero Year’s neon palette or some of the events?)

• Robin’s efforts as a partner and standalone hero. +1 @HubCityQuestion on all of your thoughts. (Some elements remind me of The Untold Legend of the Batman - another influence on this book?)

6 Likes

Loved it. Probably the shortest answer I’ve given on here lol.

7 Likes