Best Barry Allen Stories Ever?

Ok, I’m a long time Wally West Flash fan It’s nothing against Barry, but Wally was the guy Running the show when I came in. He was my age when I started reading (22)

All that being said, I’ve been working hard to collect all of Barry’s original run between the archive editions and the Crisis.

My question is for all those years of Barry’s stories which are the best?

Looking forward to your reccomendations

2 Likes

I wonder when more Bronze Age will be digitalized? These are the stories I would like to read. They take me back to being a kid

3 Likes

Even as a kid, the “trial” issues, the last 20,30(?) issues of the original run always tripped my trigger. Just something lil me had never seen before, especially in a DC book where at the time one n dones and simple 2 parters were the norm.

1 Like

One of the best Barry Allen stories runs through issues 323-350 and features The Trial of The Flash by Bates and Infantino. It’s the last Barry Allen story before COIE and a consummate coda to the Silver Age run of The flash.

3 Likes

I would recommend reading JLA Incarnations #5, Flash Rebirth, Flash 2010, Blackest Night, Final Crisis, JLA year one, Flash and Green Lantern the Brave and The bold for Post Crisis

1 Like

Not Flashpoint. It is way more interesting than actually good.

My suggestion is the New 52 Justice League starting with “Amazo Virus” when he is the mentor to Power Ring II.

1 Like

Those are excellent storylines and I have read them. However they all come from events after Crisis on Infinite Earths.
In my OP I specifically was looking for stories during Barry’s original run (1956-1985) I just finished Collecting the comics from #151-350.

1 Like