Best 16 Bit Comic Book Adaptation

So what’s the public consensus on whats the best Superhero game of the 16 Bit era? Also what are some of your personal favorites and why, The Batman Forever tie in game has a specical place in my heart being one of the first games I ever played

1 Like

Mine:

1. Batman Returns - SNES
  2. Spider-Man - Genesis
  3. The Adventures of Batman and Robin - Genesis
  4. X-Men - Genesis
  5. The Adventures of Batman and Robin - SNES
  6. Batman - Genesis

If games based on comic book adaptations count, then I’d say Batman Returns for the Super Nintendo, followed by TMNT: Turtles in Time. Otherwise, I’d go with Maximum Carnage.

1 Like

I always liked Batman forever on SNES, but my favorite was probably Justice League task force

I always liked Batman forever on SNES, but my favorite was probably Justice League task force

X-men on genesis by far my favorite.
TMNT in SNES is second.

Used to love playing Batman and Robin on the Genesis with my brother.
I was Batman, of course :smiley:

Death and Return of Superman was cool also. Simple beat em up (think: Double dragon) but followed more or less the comics story. And I actually finished it (one of the few games I ever managed to do that for)

2 Likes

Adventures of Batman and Robin on SNES was closest thing to Batman the animated series

Sorry DC, but X-Men 2 Clone Wars was pretty sweet on Genesis

The Punisher Genesis also a cool beat em up

1 Like

Strictly DC?
Death and Return if Superman is my favorite.
Followed by Adventures of Batman and Robin.
Batman Returns after that.
The JLU Flash game for the gameboy advance (16 bit hand-held) was really cool.

Batman Returns was good, but I also have fond memories of Justice League Task Force.

2 Likes

Task Force is a little weak from a general fighting game standpoint but I would love to own it and get good at it all the same. Gonna main Despero for the hell of it lol

It is a weak fighting game, but the nostalgia factor is what makes it for me.

2 Likes