Bendis Young Justice

Alright, I’ll just come out and say it, I absolutely, positively, LOVED Brian Michael Bendis’ YOUNG JUSTICE # 1 from the new WONDER COMICS imprint! To me, this book had the feel of an older , Pre-Flashpoint DC Universe. It also has a bit of that fun “90’s Extreme” era flare! And for me, always the kid that was born in the 80’s/raised in the 90’s, that was a big deal for this book. I’m really intrigued by the new characters JINNY HEX and TEEN LANTERN! Can’t wait to find out more on these two in the coming issues. I’m stoked that Tim Drake Robin, Connor Kent Superboy, Bart Allen Impulse, and Cassie Sandsmark Wonder Girl all occupy the same team again! Plus Amethyst and Gemworld!? This comic is going to be SO MUCH FUN!! It’s got lots of action and humor (Impulse is a funny guy!). The artwork is also absolute ACES! If you have a chance, definitely pick up this issue. You won’t be dissappointed. That last page alone is well worth it!

SO excited for the other Wonder Comics Imprints! I’m freaking out over Tim having his own title and Kon is baaaaack! Also, how DID he grow a beard? Doesn’t he like, not age? I love how Bart is “animated” and the fact that he saves all the pets in the city.

1 Like