:00_batwoman: Batwoman S3 Thread :00_batwoman:

Never thought about it like that. But yeah they are pretty similar.

Finally finished the season. All in all, best Season of the show hands down. Problem is that for this show to continue, they are gonna need to drop all of the baggage of Season one and unfortunately I think that includes Alice.

I honestly Feel that Ryan Wilder needs to be moved into that new show starring Diggle.

3 Likes

I agree on Alice. She is a great character, but at this point I think she is dragging down the show a bit.

2 Likes

Agreed
Luke, Sophie and Mary all found ways to become part of Ryans team. The writers shot themselves in the foot by making Ryan hate Alice due to her involvement in the death of her adopted mother and also not giving her something to fall back on like Mary (Them both caring for Kate and being sisters despite the fact that Alice killed her mom as well).

You could argue that with Alice aiding in reuniting Ryan with her Biological Mom and Brother, that now gives Ryan some leeway with Alice, but I’m not so sure.

Having Alice take her wig off and leave the sewer to seek professional help was a very powerful and positive end to her character arc, like I kinda got emotional, it was so well done.

Now if this show gets renewed (Which I don’t think it will if this report is true Batwoman, Legends of Tomorrow & More CW Show Renewals Reportedly at Risk) all of that could be undone, but Batwoman at least in my opinion didn’t really end on a cliffhanger,

1 Like

The show just got cancalled

2 Likes

That stinks. Really liked the show. Hopefully she can pop back up in the Arrowverse. Maybe help Diggle with Justice U if that gets picked up.

2 Likes

Same Javicia deserves more.

1 Like

I Heard That Batwoman and Legends Got Canceled!
Xenawatch Reported the Cancellation of Two of My Favorite Shows!
I Hope Their Wrong!

Xenawatch Announced On Twitter That These Hot Two Shows Got Cancelled!
Again, I Hope Their Wrong!
These Shows Got Better Every Season!

1 Like

Yeah they got cancalled on Friday

1 Like
1 Like

This is awesome™:+1:. Glad to see her back.

Cool that they found a way to do red death with it as well especially how the mention them a lot throughout the show.

2 Likes

I really never got on this thread because by that point it was irrelevant considering the show was canceled but I do think this show brought good things despite it’s obvious problems from the writing that I wouldn’t feel right not mentioning.

I do think Kate Kane origin story here and in the comics as Bruce’s cousin never felt right to me. It’s nepotism logic to assume that Bruce conveniently has a family member who without his knowledge became Batwoman by happenstance. It’s honestly the problem with modern legacy heroes who have relatives who become heroes on their own rather than someone training them because it’s empowering or something.

Ryan Wilder on the otherhand doesn’t really have that issue as besides not being a relative of Bruce’s family, her becoming Batwoman is distinct and separate enough from Kate and Bruce origin of globetrotting training that it could serve as a future template if Ryan is ever adapted into the main comics as something else.

Second would be how they brought Luke Fox into live action.
My first ever experience of him was the Batman: Bad blood animated movie and if anyone seen that movie it isn’t exactly a good representation of his character. They even gave him David Zavimbe outfit for some reason, so I had the assumption that was who he was, the tv show had me thinking that was going to be his character and honestly I’m glad I was wrong.

Luke Fox for me was the heart of the show where besides being the tech genius who helped Batwoman, he also was the one who was the most knowledgeable about the methodology of Batman that he uses to inform Kate and Ryan about things that Batman would know like how to use the Cape to glide or the Bat symbol philosophy.
Luke Fox by season 3 had been shown to be a incredibly powerful hero on the Bat-family as Batwing but one who did face panic attacks that watching him overcome them to become a more full-fledged hero toward the end was satisfying.

The actor who played him Camrus johnson wrote a short story for him in earth prime Batwoman, showing a pretty good reading of his character as unable to find a comprise between his multiple roles on the team and keep a simple date. It’s Luke Fox in Batwoman that got me interested in the character and I’m always going to appreciate it for that.

1 Like

I just took my step dad’ stuff and kicked a mind controlled guy or saved people from a fire.

2 Likes