Batwoman Introducing Stephanie Brown

I will admit I am not caught up on Batwoman and plan to start watching more soon. But I have been telling my boyfriend that it would be great if they bring Barbara, Steph, or Cass onto Batwoman. I think it would be a good way to bring in more Batfamily members without getting too close to Batman himself. So when I saw this article I got pretty excited. But after seeing the picture I’m more confused because it looks more like Barbara than Steph so we will just have to see how this plays out. I hope they do her justice!

https://ew.com/tv/batwoman-season-2-episode-13-preview/

What does everyone else think?

4 Likes

I just saw this too. I haven’t watched the CW shows in a long time, so generally, I don’t have an opinion one way or the other, when it comes to those shows. But this pic kinda irked me, like the casting of a dark haired guy for Guy Gardner. What is this? They can’t find good actors with the right color hair at least? You’re correct, she looks more like Babs, and what’s with the weird tattoos all over her body?

1 Like

She’s Cluemaster’s daughter, maybe they’re clues?

6 Likes

I have no connection to Stephanie Brown so the casting doesn’t bother me, but yes, a redheaded woman connected to the Bat family definitely is reminiscent of Barbara Gordon.

2 Likes

Not a bad theory, you’er probably right.

1 Like

Exactly! I’m a bit of a stickler when it comes to making sure a character looks like their source material. It seems minor but it is a lot easier for me to see the actor as that character if the look the part. Even if they just put on a wig.

3 Likes

True. I’m curious what they are for. But you are probably right on them being clues.

1 Like

I also prefer them to look like the source material. If not they better do a terrific job.

2 Likes

Right, we as fans want to see our favorite heroes brought to life. If they do not look the part then they had better get the personality right so we can really believe it is them.

2 Likes

i saw this and thought now i have to watch batwoman. :rofl: maybe they aged her up? just hope she acts like steph

2 Likes

Exactly! After I saw this I think it may be my motivation to start watching again. Yea I hope she acts like her too.

She will act like the one version you dislike according to my fortune teller.

1 Like

Well, I have had a chance to watch the episode, and was really pleasantly surprised. It was deeply and clearly influenced by Batman Eternal, which is a big plus for me. What did other Steph fans think?

4 Likes

I liked the character a lot. Yeah, she has red hair instead of blonde, but the character was pretty close. I like the Spoiler reference also. With Kate coming back and Steph, this show is getting very interesting.

2 Likes

Probably… the fates can be cruel lol

1 Like

I’m glad to know she went over well especially since it is her first live appearance that I know of. I was going to keep an open mind anyway but hearing your thoughts on it does help. So thanks for the opinions @millernumber1 and @Bullcan!

1 Like

Haven’t caught up with batwoman this season yet, but this makes me a lot more interested

2 Likes

Definitely keep an open mind. This is the only episode of the show I’ve ever watched from either season - so I’m just comparing it to other things like Arrow season 1, the Birds of Prey film, etc. There’s clearly lots of budget issues and so forth, but I think it worked pretty well, if you go in with the right expectations (it’s a CW show, she’s not going to suit up this episode, etc).

3 Likes

Found this on Steph

3 Likes

That’s a great video on Steph! And I love Sash and Casually Comics - great knowledge and humor combined!

1 Like