Battle of the Superpets

Pets or, at the the very least, animal helpers, have been a part of superhero comics since the Golden Age. I then thought I would set up a poll to determine who is the most popular superhero pet or animal helper of all time.

• Big Red (Hawkman’s hawk)
  • Jumpa (Wonder Woman’s Kanga)
  • Streak (Green Lantern Alan Scott’s dog)
  • Krypto the Superdog (Superman’s dog)
  • Ace the Bathound (Batman’s dog)
  • Beppo the Supermonkey (Superman’s monkey)
  • Topo (Aquaman’s octopus)
  • Streaky the Supercat (Supergirl’s cat)
  • Comet the Superhorse (Supergirl’s horse)

0 voters

6 Likes

Big Red is the best!

6 Likes

I feel like it’s hard to vote against Krypto, although these are all great choices. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Not to be that guy, but my favorite is actually Bat-Cow.

That being said, from the list, Beppo wins IMO

8 Likes

Same, tbh

6 Likes

No Goliath? Ace is a good second place choice though. :smiley:

5 Likes

I could not say no to those eyes.

7 Likes

My top 3 from least favorite (of the three) to absolute favorite:

1. Dox (Impulse’s dog)
  2. Beppo (Superman’s monkey)
  3. Bat-Cow (Robin’s cow)
5 Likes

I think Ace is my favorite…but I feel like more people recognize Krypto

5 Likes

Ace is best boy, I taught him to steal Jason’s jacket and bring it to me when he’s not looking:

Though, I never said anything about his success rate… but still! Best boy! (Also my army of my bat babies wasn’t an option)

8 Likes

You would have thought that back in the Fifties when superpets were all the rage that they would have given Batman a pet bat. Sparky the Bat-Bat or something like that.

7 Likes

I’m adding that to my bat baby name list, though when Jason was a kid he had a dog named Sparky. He doesn’t talk about him much though… I’m assuming bad memories.

6 Likes

I’m a bit surprised that Comet hasn’t gotten any votes. Where are all the horse lovers out there?

5 Likes

Probably because of the whole “Supergirl slept with her horse” situation. At least that’s what popped into my mind. I don’t care that he shapeshifted into a man, it’s still weird.

6 Likes

You’re probably right about that. That was just weird!

5 Likes

Clark has a weird family. When I went to his family reunion I saw I was the normal one.

5 Likes

Ace is the best boy.

dyFA4rv

6 Likes

Given how many dogs there are in the DCU, I think I could almost do a Battle of the Superpets: Dog Edition!

3 Likes

There definitely seemed to be a period where every superhero had to have a dog. I am totally in favor of that, actually.

5 Likes

Plastic Man’s bird.

3 Likes