Batmobuddies: the Batmobile Fan Thread!

4 Likes

well shoot there go my bootleg full sized Batmobile plans

5 Likes

@biff_pow Don’t bootleg, get a full sized authorized drivable Batmobile from these guys:

Only $299,999.00. Cheap! You’d think if you can afford $299,999.00 they could just price it at $300K and save all that extra typing.

4 Likes

So, the Bat-Garage is on the top level of the Batcave. Where does the hydraulic pole go when Batman’s finished changing the oil? That would totally wreak the Trophy Room on the lower level. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

SQUEAK

3 Likes

actually that’d make good wallpaper, and i was coming here to share some wallpaper EXCLUSIVELY with my batmobuddies and when i say EXCLUSIVELY I mean you can easily find these on many websites BUT i didn’t put them there.

4 Likes

Here’s the Batcave without my mark-up and a Batmobile that could be used as a PC wallpaper.

3 Likes

beaaaautiful! thank you!

3 Likes

ok i think i’ve given it long enough not to be a spoiler anymore

BATWOMAN BATMOBILE

WHAT’S THE VERDICT, BATMOBUDDIES?

3 Likes

58 minute long documentary.

Here is a shorter 11 minute evolution of the Batmobile.

3 Likes

You can really see the H.R. Giger influence on the Batman Forever car in these Tim Flattery drawings

flattery06

BONUS more Batmobile concept art

looks like a lot from the 2nd one carried over into the final Batman & Robin car.

4 Likes

what’s interesting, for people who don’t know, is that Joel Schumacher actually asked H.R. Giger himself to design the Batmobile, but what he presented was this

4 Likes

It’s growing on me. Admittedly I’m not a huge fan of the Batmobile looking more like a cooler-than-average sports car, but I guess that does make it more maneuverable and efficient. And between all the gadgets still being there and the nice touches of red for Batwoman, it seems fitting

5 Likes

i just keep telling myself it’s following precedent of a sports car with bat-detailing

but i am missing a fin or two

5 Likes

It kinda looks like a new version of the Batvette. It looks like a modded C8 Corvette or a Camaro.

Slightly modded C3 Corvette for Batman.

5 Likes

yeah, i think i read somewhere it’s based on a Corvette. but i might have dreamed it. i dream about dumb things.

3 Likes

@biff_pow Borrowed this quote from an article about the Batwoman Batmobile from CarScoops.

The car being used for the Batmobile is a Corvette, specifically a C7. Dries said it’s “based on a new Corvette chassis” which is partially correct, as while the mid-engined C8 is the newest generation, the C7 is still relatively new considering the Corvette’s been around for over 60 years. The car received the VFX treatment to give it its wings and “extra gack,” as Dries called it. And even if it’s not the brand new Corvette, it’s certainly an improvement from the motorcycle Ruby Rose’s Batwoman rode around on in season one.

5 Likes

A Looong evolution from 1941-2010.

7 Likes

i kept meaning to track these down in a readable resolution! thank you!

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing these, lots of fun!

One of my favorite things as a kid watching the Batman 1966 TV show were all the other Batman vehicles as well as the Batmobile, such as helicopters, planes, boats. To this day I tease my wife about using the bat-chutes in the back of our car when we’re going around the corner a little too tightly. I also love the special little van that comes to pick up the Bat-chutes after they were used.

In the Silver Age comics of the mid 1950s - early 1960s, there’s even a Batman rocket ship I’m pretty sure.

6 Likes