Batman's Cowl NFT

NFT’s are not that intuitive and very bleeding edge so concerns make sense. But in the end Blockchain, tokens, crypto coins are all just software. Tech is all around us now, so if you use Apps/software or own Google, Amazon or other tech stock, you really shouldn’t be too scared of it. “No risk it, no biscuit” said the guy in the Model-T as he passed the horse and buggy.
As for the real why of all this? For me it’s a one-off reminder of a cool hobby I had when collected Batman merch in the 80’s, lot of Michaël Keaton stuff.
Sometime you just want it for owning it sake. It’s not rational but its fun.

@cryptonautaz

1 Like

This thing has been a lot of fun already and we’re just getting started. The community of Bat Cowl holders on Discord is a good group of folks, they’ve already broken us up into 10 factions to patrol 10 different parts of Gotham (I’m in the Financial District) and a lot of us are working together on a puzzle based on the NFTs they gave out back at FanDome in 2021.

This is not just buying a digital image or the claim to a digital image. This is a digital key to an experience that will be unprecedented.

1 Like

It seemed to be the way they’re marketing getting people into the experiences they’re creating. Access to exclusive products and ability to vote on comics-related decisions and participate in fan events, etc. Personally not something I am interested in, even if it was cheaper. They are really targeting the adventurous people who will spend the money out of curiosity.

I’m also seeing people buying multiple bat cowl NFTs solely due to the perceived scarcity and value down the road, as if they’re going to be able to sell these for a profit. Not saying that WON’T happen, and I’m not an investor like that, but really… I find that kind of silly.

I honestly do hope that fans enjoy this experience and that you find it worth the investment. I just am puzzled at the high price tag and necessity to gatekeep experiences like this, especially when they made inclusivity such a big marketing ploy.

2 Likes

I get all of that, but buying access is always part of the game.

• You have to buy the comic to read it
  • You have to buy a subscription to DC Universe Infinite
  • You have to buy a ticket to see a movie
  • You have to buy a subscription to HBO Max to see their shows
  • You have to buy a pass to attend a Comic Con

This is just another level of that and yes, it’s for the people who are buying something out of curiosity. Speaking for myself I listened to a lot of their interviews, took part in a couple and asked questions to them directly, watched their interviews on YouTube and I was sold that what I was buying was access to events and content that would only be available with this NFT. They convinced me that this would be worth it and unique. The potential is there for some really cool stuff and I hope they deliver on it.

I believe they will because if they make this highly sought after and make people regret not getting involved then the next time they have a DC themed NFT for sale a lot more people are interested in getting one. “That Bat Cowl NFT looked awesome - I gotta make sure I get a Green Lantern ring NFT” (or whatever the next one is).

It seems like a nifty idea, but it’s way out of my financial reach. I can’t justify spending half a month’s income on something like this at the moment. There was a time when there were similar perks to a DCU membership, but those went by the wayside a while ago when it was decided that DCUI was going to become comics only. I guess now the perks will be only for those who can afford to pay the most, and the bar to get them keeps getting higher.

3 Likes

In recent news, it looks like Seth Green’s Ape NFT was stolen.

3 Likes

Cant wait to see what is in the future for bat cowl nft holder’s @reallifeent.21275 @Jurisdiction @FelixLeiter

3 Likes

The Knightwatchers Club is now up and running! Join us by clicking here or read all about it by clicking here!

We should make this a thing.

2 Likes

I guess it is a thing @AntLeon!

2 Likes

Well. How about that.

2 Likes

I think I might be too old school physical for NFTs.

Nah.

Scratch that.

I know I’m too old school.

3 Likes

I’m just plain old too old.

3 Likes

:joy: :hugs:

2 Likes

I still use cash regularly btw. I budget much better with it. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I was telling my son about the envelope method of budgeting. For you youngsters that’s where you label envelopes to match your bills / spending and put in cash to cover it. When you run out of cash no more spending. Spend too much money eating out early in the month? You’re staying home and earring Ramen.

4 Likes

Mmmm. Ramen.

Yeah. I’ve read many articles about how Americans would be always broke in a cashless society. Especially the bottom 20% of earners.

But I digress…

2 Likes

If you’re not taking the dollars out of your wallet it just isn’t as real as a swipe of a card.

2 Likes

Or tap of a card. Or a digital wallet on your phone that’s entirely wireless.

2 Likes

I’m not that advanced. I’m only up to a chip in the card. Digital wallets or tapping a card are way to futuristic for me.

2 Likes