:renegade_robins: Batmanga!

So in the past I had only read the Lord Death Man story, so these other stories are pretty new to me.

So issues 4-6, the “Mister Faceless” story was kind of surprising for me. In a lot of ways I think this was actually better than the first story. The twist of the criminal posing as the scientist actually got me and made it more compelling, and it was somehow filled with even campier stuff than the 66 series. Like the Mount Rushmore style mountain statue of Batman. I repeat, Batman has a stone statue carved of him on a mountain and he fights a supervillain on it. It’s so dumb, I love it.

Also, @AlexanderKnox, you mention how some of the later issues are retelling of American Silver Age stories, but it actually starts here. I was reading some issues of Batman Family, and one of the pages has a “Batman’s Bereau of Missing Villains” mentions a Dr. No-Face, who appeared in Detective Comics #319 in 1963, which is…let me check…yes, it is on DCUI!

The Human Ball story just goes to show that you shouldn’t underestimate your foes. I saw this one and wondered how this guy could be a compelling and dangerous villain for Batman. As I read, I realized how: through the power of The Gun.

The Human Ball after being beaten by Batman:

Seriously though, it was cool to see Batman and Robin beat the Ball by using science, even if the dumb comic book variety.

1 Like

Okay, @RenegadeRobinsClub, the original post is fully updated! This event will keep going through October 9. If you have missed out on any of the weeks, don’t worry: you can jump in on any week and enjoy an entertaining standalone story from Batman’s manga career!

2 Likes