Batman: White Knight *NO Spoilers*

Without SPOILERS, is it good? Bad? Meh? I only asked because I saw Batman: Curse of the White Knight on the shelf and peek my attention and since there’s a prequel to the story wanted to see if it was worth a shot.

3 Likes

So I have read Issues 1 & 2 and digging it thus far. I had not gotten around to reading White Knight but after reading the first 2 of Curse I could not put it off any longer. It is worth the money and one of the most intriguing Joker stories I have read.

1 Like

I absolutely loved it – it feels like a completely wild, fresh and surprising take on Batman and his world, but still manages to feel true to the characters we all know and love. Also, Sean Murphy’s art is GORGEOUS.

4 Likes

Sean Murphy absolutely destroyed this book. It’s pretty much the reason why DC created Black Label. I’ve had so many people that usually don’t read comics read my issues of it. It’s a smash hit. Out of this world. I’m kind of a Murphy fan tho…

5 Likes

It’s good… up until the last issue, where it completely fell apart for me.

It’s destined to be one of those “Top Batman Graphic Novels” entries.

6 Likes

It’s probably one of my favorite Batman stories of all time

2 Likes

It’s def good! There’s so much craziness in the story. It would’ve been dope if it was in DC continuity. Sean should be the next Batman writer once Tom King leaves. :bat:

1 Like

Personally, I enjoyed it and would highly recommend giving it a read. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s great. And Curse of the White Knight is off to a great start. Superb art. One of the best looking books in years. Should you give it a try? No. It should already be in your library.

3 Likes

I liked it, although I thought it started out strong and got a bit weaker as it went along.

1 Like

Its super good

2 Likes

It isn’t on site correct? I’ve been dying to read it, was gonna place a call to library but would save me a lot of trouble & waiting if it was on here.

Very good. I wouldn’t be surprised if ten years down the line people are referring to White Knight as a classic

4 Likes

I’m a HUGE Batman fan (understatement of the century), so it was painful to see my man hurting so bad in this series. That being said, it’s crucial to have a solid battle - not only of strength but of wits. I know I’m late to the party, but if you haven’t checked out White Knight, you simply must. Enjoy! :batman_hv_1:

1 Like

I bought the floppies of this while it was coming out and looked forward to it every week. It was such a fresh read and I’m glad it exists. I agree with previous posts. I think it’ll end up a classic.

1 Like