Batman Virus Storyline?

There were one or two storylines back in the late 90s that had to do with Gotham being hit with some form of epidemic. I know it ran across multiple books, and I think I remember one storyline was about it being contained to a tower, the other was trying to contain/cure it in Gotham.

Does anybody know if this was collected, or what they were called? I’m pretty sure one was called Contagion…

4 Likes

I’m not sure, but it sounds super interesting. This is a job for @HubCityQuestion! (If he is up for it…)

Yup! It was called Batman: Contagion. Here’s a full reading list:

Batman: Contagion (1996)

Batman: Shadow of the Bat #48

Detective Comics #695

Robin #27

Catwoman #31

Azrael #15

Batman #529

Batman: Shadow of the Bat #49

Detective Comics #696

The Batman Chronicles #4

Catwoman #32

Azrael #16

Robin #28

5 Likes

Was it only one storyline though? I could have sworn it was two ,but then I may be remembering it as a two part collected edition

Well, Contagion was part of a group of storylines. This was the one explicitly about a virus, but there were related stories such as Legacy and Cataclysm which ultimately led into No Man’s Land.

3 Likes

That’s it! I was remembering the group of storylines, thanks! I just remember that it seemed to be a lot because it was crossing over virtually all of the bat books at the time.

1 Like

In other words, Contagion led to the greatest event in the history of comics? Thanks Contagion!

2 Likes

I just put the main story on my reading list.
Legacy consists of (from internet)
Prologues
Catwoman 33-35, Bane of the Demon 1-4, Shadow of the Bat 53, Batman 533
Main Story
Detective 700, Catwoman 36, Robin 32, Shadow of the Bat 54, Batman 534, Tec 701, Robin 33,
Epilogues
Tec 702 and a Bane one shot.

Batman vs a Virus oh thats very timely , we could use Bats right now on this case

1 Like

Wow you’re smart.

1 Like

Well we all knew that. He has threads dedicated to getting at the info in his head. So far we haven’t gotten very far past the fedora…

1 Like