Batman v Superman is a good Movie

I remember when the movie came out, people insulted it saying it was slow, full of plot holes and Martha scene. I went and saw with my friend ready to be disappointed but came out loving the movie. I saw some of the issues some people had but I’ve honestly did not think that Martha seen was that over-exaggeration. Then I got the ultimate edition and I love the movie even more. That movie Made love Superman and Wonder Women to a different degree. Affleck showed me I was wrong when he was chosen to play Batman. Overall I’m saying the movie is a lot better than what the reviews got, to me at most it should have got at least an 8. For me it’s a 9.5.

26 Likes

I agree I’m no comic nerd or nit picky about this kind of stuff. I found the movie very amusing and entertaining. I love the reality DC provides in their stuff and show with every action can have consequences. Not like Marvel fighting it out in NY than go out and have lunch. They show that lives have been taken from their battles like in Superman Man of Steel. I can’t wait for Aquaman, Shazam l, and Flash!

2 Likes

I agree and I’m very happy to find like-minded minds that would agree that this film isn’t at all “that bad”; it engages the audience in a way that comic book fans hadn’t been engaged before and it goes a step further by posing some very serious “real world” issues. Thank you for your comments – I don’t fee all alone anymore!

2 Likes

Sorry for the grammar errors I used voice to text.

This movie rules people are just stupid. Skinny lex luthor made some old white lady drink pee hello it kicked ass

1 Like

the fact of the matter is d*sney has destroyed the superhero movie market to the point where not even the dark knight would be well received if it were released today. anyway there will never be a better looking live action batman than ben so rip papa :broken_heart:

5 Likes

Hopefully we can like DC without having to crap on other superhero universes. That’s a bit boring. There’s a big market out there to cater to all kinds of tastes.

I’m a fan of Man of Steel and Batman V Superman. I liked them for what they were. Not necessarily THE version of these characters I wanted to see. And I’m kind of sad we didn’t get a fuller version of the Death of Superman on the big screen that hewed more closely to the comics. But I respect what we got. And I enjoyed it in the theater and have continued to enjoy it again and again. For the record, the only DCEU film I didn’t like so much was Justice League, but I actually appreciated that more on recent re-viewings.

4 Likes

I totally agree. I saw the movie after I reading the reviews, and I was afraid to see it, thinking I was likely going to hate it. I went opening weekend by myself, and was absolutely amazed by it all. BvS has been one of my favorite films since the day I saw it, and to me, it gets better with each viewing.

3 Likes

It’s a great film, best comic book movie of all time. It set up the universe in such an awesome way. When the members of the Justice League were teased, I turned to my friends in the theater and we all had giant smiles on our faces, we just couldn’t believe how epic it felt. It’s such a shame that it was poorly received. It’s not a film made for kids, and kids would be bored through most of it and scared at certain parts. It was made for thinking adults that can understand diverging plotlines and mature themes. I also believe that there is a version of Justice League out there that would have lived up to this legacy, but WB was scared by the negativity and brought in Joss Whedon, who ruined that film by making it generic and bland.

2 Likes

You are wrong. It is not a good movie… It is a GREAT movie :+1::+1:

3 Likes

I thought ben Affleck’s batman is definitely a top 3 castings by Warner brothers and dc entertainment

1 Like

Personally I didn’t love it, Luthor was awful, Superman was handled poorly (you can’t make him a depressed loner for the second time in a row, it worked in mos, but you can’t do the same trick twice), doomsday wasn’t good and felt rushed the jl cameos weren’t good to me and everybody talks about how “complex” it is when its “Themes” aren’t very complex it takes some dialogue from philosophy starting classes from college which isn’t hard to do and tries to make superman jesus which is just weird and unnecessary, and the writing doesn’t make it “complex”. Wonder Woman was good in it and Batman was excellent whenever he was on screen it was fantastic, but unfortunately you had to sit through Luthor, and even though Batman was awesome, his characterization was completely off (killing people mainly) and yes I get the implications of the Martha scene, but it just shouldn’t have been in the movie, and the actual fight between them was NOT GOOD, barring like two cool things, it was extremly dissapointing and the movie, just disappointed me a lot.

3 Likes

Very good movie. The key is to see all movies, but especially DC movies, before looking at or listening to any critics opinions. If u hear a movies bad it tends to effect how u see it. If u hear it’s great, it never lives up to what u pictured in your head. That’s just my own personal rules for movie viewing, it works for me.

1 Like

Theatrical version sucks but the Ultimate Cut is great

2 Likes

It definitely was a great movie! I thought it was better than the same year release C A Civil War.

1 Like

Lol just lmao. Why even compare? Fanboy

Both are great

1 Like

I love it. It’s my second or third favorite superhero film, after Logan and The Dark Knight. I think some plot points are similar to The Dark Knight Trilogy plot structure, complete with the extra half hour for the extra villain (Scarecrow then Ra’s Al’Ghul, Joker then Two-Face, Bane then Talia, Luthor then Doomsday, though I consider Batman to be the villain alongside Luthor at first, as they essentially share the same idea but from different angles). Goyer’s writing is surely the reason.

Batman as a villain/fallen hero explains why he’s branding and obliterating people. He’s gone over the edge. I mean, having a contingency plan for Superman, as Batman normally does, is a morally gray area, but outright killing him based on what he might do is over the line. He’s losing himself at this point.

While I dislike the heroes fighting each other, I did enjoy placing Superman in a world like ours, where he would not be welcomed with open arms, where fear of the alien, based on the worst of his kind (Zod), prevails. The obvious post-9/11 allegory spoke to me.

Certainly I wanted a team-up more along the lines of Jeph Loeb’s Superman/Batman run, something like the Public Enemies story (though there would be issues with that since it was the beginning of a shared universe), but I’m fine with the inspiration from Dark Knight Returns. I thought it was fantastic, like a superhero night at the opera. Haven’t watched it in a few, but it’s always like coming home every time I go back to it.

3 Likes

I get why people like the movie, but I don’t see how its better than marvel movies, like its not even close lol

4 Likes

I’m not a fan, but to each his own. Glad you like it.

Yea man, the weird mash up of Death of Superman and Dark Knight Returns was awesome…for me to poop on. What a terribly awful horrible nonsense movie. Please put it in the trash where it belongs and go watch Wonder Woman over and over until Aquaman is out.

2 Likes