Batman Thread

Smile more.

6 Likes

:grin:

5 Likes

I like the idea of a general Batman thread. @MatthewHecht probably isn’t wrong about how he’s discussed on every other thread in some shape or form, but having a place to lay down general Bat thoughts is welcome :slightly_smiling_face:.

Batman is one of my favorite characters. Yes he’s the World’s Greatest Detective. Yes he’s the Dark Knight. Those aren’t the first things I think of when I think of Batman. I think of someone who takes preparedness and human condition, both mental and physical, to an almost inhuman level. I think of a master strategist. I think of resources and tech that only few can dream of. I think of an iron will of someone who never backs down. All this in service of his mission to fight crime and protect the innocent. I think of a commanding presence, and a very succinct speech pattern. I think of a very cool visual flare like no other (the man puts bats on everything). I think of a big wounded heart behind a tough facade. I think of someone who not only strikes fear in criminals, but also inspired so many others to follow in his footsteps. I also think of him as half of the World’s Finest, a third of the Trinity, and a pillar of DC :slightly_smiling_face:.

5 Likes

I think superman gets talked about just as much

3 Likes

No, I am talked about way more than him.

2 Likes

On the subject of Batman - what are some villains from Batman’s rogue gallery you think are underrated?

3 Likes

My vote would go to Man-Bat, though he has been portrayed as a good guy.

3 Likes

Man-Bat is pretty cool! I would love to see an Elseworlds movie focused on him. Take influence from the Universal monster movies with practical transformation effects like from David Cronenberg movies

4 Likes

Part of the fun of a Man-Bat movie would be how many people would just get confused and think it was titled “Batman” and ask for that when they buy tickets.

3 Likes

I like the practical effects idea. Would make for a nice change from CGI. Part of why I mentioned him though is I like the juxtaposition of him and Batman, with Bruce being a man dressed like a bat, and Man-Bat potentially being more bat than man in his beast state. Would make for a fun movie.

3 Likes

I can already envision the questions from friends and family :joy:

2 Likes

A villain I’m starting to appreciate more is Clayface. I’ll to admit my interest spiked when I heard Mike Flanagan pitched a movie to DC Studios. But I also rewatched the 2 part episode from BTAS and that really highlighted the potential of the character. I would love to see the character take on Batman on the big screen

4 Likes

I think Clayface is the number one Batman villain I want to see get his due on the big screen. :slight_smile: He’s such an interesting character, and there’s so many fun and exciting things that could be done with his powers.

5 Likes

The Ventriloquist.

3 Likes

Doctor Emerson from Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight* #39 and #40
I not gonna say why because it would be spoilers but the effort he puts into his evil plan its just so worthy of applause

2 Likes

I thought this was funny

4 Likes

where is this from?

2 Likes

bendis justice league 61

2 Likes

Salute @Cradle2theGabe for recommending this on the DC community member picks

3 Likes

I loved Batman’s logic that Clark could only throw the ball so hard to the point it would unravel and cease to be a baseball.

4 Likes