Batman Thread

I wanted to make a batman thread because I’m a big batman fan and I noticed he didn’t have one outside of clubs or comic threads there’s a lot I love about batman so I thought I make a place just talk about anything we might be enjoying

15 Likes

I’m really enjoying my batman omnibuses right now the golden age is great I wish they’d put out some bronze age omnibus for batman

9 Likes

That is because all of DC is my thread.

7 Likes

Hello Batman fans

5 Likes

hello to you to

4 Likes

What’re you reading?

5 Likes

(S2) Ep. 79 - Just Desserts | Batman: Wayne Family Adventures most resently webtoon batman family adventure I think margi should be consider for being in the other batman comics as one of batmans rogues

shes great @CrownCity

5 Likes

I haven’t checked out the DC webtoons yet. I heard the Harley Quinn one was good though! I was recently rereading Batman Year One and Serious House on a Serious Earth

5 Likes

I haven’t read year one yet

4 Likes

I mean your certainly not wrong about it, but you know. He’s everywhere on this darn site. :smile:
From movies, tv shows, and comic discussions, and so much more. God forbid you mention the Batman family and the Bat adjacent characters like Harley Quinn and the scattering of appreciation threads and discussions about the Robins, Batgirls, Nightwing’s, and all the other members in the Batman mythos.

But you know what. I’m all for it. Let’s discuss Batman here and all his adventures in the general discussions.

If it’s cool though I would love to mention @Jay_Kay and all the amazing work they do in the World of Bats club. Keep up the great work on the site.

7 Likes

A month ago I read Tom Taylor’s Batman series the Detective

It was a series that came directly after the end of Tom King Batman run and dealing with the fallout of Alfred’s death.

A member of Batman inc was attacked by a mass murderer who dresses up as Batman in Europe killing the people Batman saved. The art is great and interesting seeing Bruce globetrotting as Batman across Europe with few to no appearances from the Bat-family and is a exclusively Batman only centric storyline.
It’s a solid Batman with a suspenseful storyline. A lot of things brought up here like Batman inc, and Oracle ironically were reintroduced right after the events of Joker’s war which I thought was interesting.

I think the best character here was Aminia called Squire. The British Robin.

If I’m being blunt, she reminds me a lot of Carrie Kelly from DKR and recently Tiffany Fox in I Am Batman. And while I like Carrie more because I’m more familiar with her, I Also think Squire has a much more cooler outfit. Especially Tiffany Fox. Seriously, you call this a superhero outfit?!

Batman: The Detective is not my favorite Batman book but true to it’s name it’s a good thriller book from Tom Taylor that I recommend people check out. You can definitely read it as a stand alone book despite it being in continuity.

5 Likes

yes they do great work in the book club

4 Likes

granted but it never hurts to show a little love
batman needs to teach his kids that beating people up is not how you do
an exorcism

4 Likes

here’s a page from of my favorite comics batman doa

ITS NOT THE FLU

6 Likes

Batman (2011-16) #41

No wonder many people can’t live up to being Batman. What is Batman without the Batmoblie?

4 Likes

true :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Batman is cool.

4 Likes

My Top 6 Batman Comics (in no particular order):

Batman: The Long Halloween
Batman: Ego
Batman: A Death in the Family
Batman: Knightfall
Batman: Strange Apparitions
The Batman Adventures