Batman TAS or The Batman 2004

Just want too see whats more popular or which is better.
I personally fw batman 2004 over tas. Mainly bc of the soundtrack, design, and overall ambience of gotham. And how batman doesnt get knockedout in 1 hit unlike TAS​:joy:

6 Likes

TAS by far. Nothing against the Batman, it’s a very good show. But In watching TAS I really get the same feeling I used to get when I was little and watching the New Adventures of Batman on Saturday Mornings. (Note: I was in my single digits when the New Adventures of Batman aired and I was in my twenties when Batman the animated Series first aired)

8 Likes

The Batman is a lot of fun (especially season 5), but BTAS is considered the greatest Batman adaptation of all time by many, and I count myself in that group.

8 Likes

Art, I like 2004’s sleek nature, But TAS is a WAY better show!

3 Likes

TAS, Always

4 Likes

The Animated Series, in my opinion, is the best example we will ever get of Batman outside of comics, although I do agree his fighting skills are underrepresented.
I can watch The Batman but can’t fully commit to the designs of the villains. I did like the look of heroes though.

4 Likes

I would give the edge to TAS – there’s probably a twinge of nostalgia in there, but seeing it multiple times as an adult I do think it definitely holds up.

The Batman still has some great stuff, though, and I do think it’s a bit underrated because it came out immediately after the end of the Timmverse.

4 Likes

The Batman!

3 Likes

The Batman 2004 is a good children friendly show and does a great job at reinventing Gotham, Batman and his rogue gallery but the original animated series has better storylines with much more mature sub plots. For kids I’ll say The Batman but for teenagers or adults I’ll say TAS. Each show has it’s purpose.

2 Likes

The Batman, hands down. Rino Romano is the better voice actor for the role of Batman/Bruce than KC.

5 Likes

Batman The Animated Series all the way!:smiley:

7 Likes

They are both fun shows to watch. I myself do not care “which is better”, as long as I am entertained by them. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Which is ironic because TB’s direct-to-video movie is bloodier than pretty much all of the TAS episodes and movies put together. :laughing:

Wow, that is the hottest of hot takes I’ve heard in a while. I don’t know if I’d go THAT far, but Romano does grow into the role really well.

5 Likes

Yeah, I always look out for angry villagers with pitch forks a flaming torches when I say that, @Jay_Kay

I think the thing is that Batman is supposed to be, The World’s Greatest Detective, a superb strategist and even better tactician. As such, it seems more in character that he would “clip” his words, in general. So the sounds are more precise. While this is a small factor, it is an important element of character. Both RR & KC have emotional breadth to voice the character well, but, that extra character element of the voice promotes RR to the top spot over KC, IMNSHO.

3 Likes

The art style alone makes me favor the Fox seasons of BTAS over The Batman. Once it went over the WB and changed the designs, it mostly lost that edge over the 2004 series. At that point, they both look like Saturday morning cartoons, which is exactly what BTAS was originally so adept at avoiding.

2 Likes

They’re both Saturday morning cartoons.

5 Likes

BTAS. This show changed the game! It’s all down to personal taste. I can imagine there is massive amount of people out there who think Brave And Bold is the best Batman show, especially if they’re fans of the Silver Age.

5 Likes

BTAS designed itself to resemble 1940s theatrical animated shorts.

4 Likes

Personally for me its BTAS, even though I grew up watching The Batman as it was airing. BTAS just has a magic to it that I don’t see in TB. That being said I love both shows.

3 Likes

I mean, weren’t those animated shorts basically the Saturday morning cartoons of their time?

3 Likes