:superman: :batman: Batman/Superman: World's Finest Discussion Thread (SPOILERS) :batman: :superman:

Hey, if that gets WF v1 into your hands ASAP, then it has my full endorsement. :grin:

1 Like

I lived it so getting it ASAP is not a priority. For me the historians can take their time.

1 Like

Yooooooo… the last page of issue #10

:exploding_head:

4 Likes

World’s Finest #10 (i.e. Christmas in comic book form) is here, its :sparkles: HERE :sparkles:! :partying_face:

A cover, by Dan Mora.

B cover, by Dan Schoening.

Christmas/Paul McCartney variant, by Dan Mora.

1:25 by Brandon Peterson.

1:50 by A.L. Kaplan.

What’s your :index_pointing_at_the_viewer: cover poison (choice)?

Spoil, spoil!

The spoils of quality storytelling are allowed here, after all. :superman_hv_3:

2 Likes

I really kind of don’t want to spoil it because I think it’s that good. However, I’ll give you a hint:

“The way you took off? I always thought you were afraid of me. A lot of people did. But that wasn’t it. You were afraid… that I was the man of tomorrow. You were afraid of the future I represented. Well, look around you. This is what I represent.”

3 Likes

:ok_hand:t2:

3 Likes

worlds finest 9 was okay it was nice to see batman spending time with david
I don’t blame batman for missing davids kidnapping I don’t think anyone would have thought that would happen

4 Likes

I kind of had the end to #10 spoiled a couple of months ago when I remembered a character Waid had written before that was named David. It still worked though, what a finish!

4 Likes

And how!

#10 was quite the rad read. The writing, the art, Batman’s Ross Andru nod, it was all :superman:uper, man!

Bring on the conclusion of Strange Visitor! :superman_hv_4:

3 Likes

DC’s best new ongoing of 2022 roars into 2023 with its extraordinarily exciting eleventh issue!

Here’s a look at the covers:

Main/A cover, by Dan Mora.

B cover, by Jonboy Meyers.

C cover, by Jonboy Meyers.

SN: When placed side by side, the above variants form one image of Power Girl and Huntress jumping into action.

D cover, by The Third Man (cue the theme from the movie of the same name).

What are your expectations for World’s Finest #11 and…which cover is your finest pick?

2 Likes

The Power Girl cover.

1 Like

As an ardent fan of the Karen Starr PG, I was going to nab that one.

However, my OCD would likely push me to get the connecting Huntress piece so as to form their whole team-up.

I’m playing it safe, passing on both of those variants (and in the process, pocketing $10) and picking up just the A cover this month.

3 Likes

Wow, I had no idea you even liked her.

1 Like

I am indeed a fan of Ms. Starr. She’s tied with Wonder Woman as my favorite female DC character, in point of fact.

2 Likes

Great spot for a great character. She is my 3rd favorite female DC character.

1 Like

#11 Juni Ba 1:25 incentive variant here:

2 Likes

Yay, @DC89’s back in the thread! Party up in here! :partying_face:

Thanks for the share, skip! :+1:t2:

2 Likes

:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

1 Like

Looks like someone’s been screwing around with the emoji cloning machine…

sees the “Please do not screw around with the emoji cloning machine. Thanks, T.O. Morrow” note laying on the ground in a crumpled wad

Welp, someone disregarded 'ol T.O. and it wasn’t moi, so…I’mma take my breakfast beverage (Dr. Pepper Zero Sugar) and skedaddle before he comes back and sees his note laying in a crumpled-up wad on the floor.

tiptoes, the Hanna-Barbera tiptoe sound effect accompanying said action, out

3 Likes

:smiley: :hugs:

3 Likes