:superman: :batman: Batman/Superman: World's Finest Discussion Thread (Spoilers; #7 Drops 9/20) :batman: :superman:

Well 'ol bean, you can fix that via a visit to Yon Comic Shoppe, or Yon Digital Comic Shoppe (cough Kindle Comix cough). :wink:

Not yet, Skip. World’s Finest #1 arrived here on Tuesday though, and that’s definitely worth reading a cup of Earl Grey by.

4 Likes

I knew that came from World’s Finest, but couldn’t remember what issue! Thanks for posting!

3 Likes

If anyone would like to scope out World’s Finest #178, you can do so here:

3 Likes

Just got #7 today- will check back in when I’m done reading. :+1:

3 Likes

Capital! I was wondering when you’d check-in. :superman_hv_4:

SN: Did you get the A cover, or one of the variants? I kinda-sorta want to nab the Teen Titans variant by Dan Mora.

2 Likes

I’ve been lurking but haven’t chimed in yet.
:grin:

3 Likes

story concludes in #180 since #179 is an 80 Page Giant

3 Likes

Ok, I’m finally caught up on this series! I’m really enjoying the friendship between Batman and Superman. I also like how competent and trusted Robin is. Some of the adventures are crazier than I expected, but I liked the resolution of the first arc. Also, Green Lantern was amazing in both attitude and art, lol. I haven’t read a lot with Doom Patrol, so I thought they were interesting here. Supergirl seemed edgier/angrier than I expected. I liked her physical involvement, but the bickering with Robin felt off for both characters. I also didn’t get her time travel explanation as it seemed too simple and nonchalant.

For the newest issue I think Batman and Superman handled David poorly. Why didn’t they talk to him about this version of his family before taking him to them? Why tell him not to contact these parents without finding out if the grieving parents would want to know this orphaned son? I will say that I absolutely loved Robin calling an audible and taking David to the Titans. That seemed like a step in the right direction for the kid.

4 Likes

I like that issue

2 Likes

I guess its no longer an imaginary story like it was before

2 Likes

for anyone interested they re did the story in superman batman annual 2

2 Likes

how do I link it here?

2 Likes

Just copy the link on here.

1 Like

thank you @MatthewHecht

4 Likes

Likewise. Its a honey of a tale.

Circling back to WF #7, while at Yon Comic Shoppe yesterday, I snagged the Dan Mora variant, which is my favorite cover of the issue:

I hope the Titans have a role to play in the new arc similar to how the Doom Patrol was involved in the Devil Nezha arc. :crossed_fingers:t2:

3 Likes