:superman: :batman: Batman/Superman: World's Finest Discussion Thread (SPOILERS) :batman: :superman:

true, however you can pre-order on Kindle (I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT COMIXOLOGY).

1 Like

Aware of the differences between the two. No shouting is needed. :wink:

2 Likes

Lot of mentions of Nezha this week.

2 Likes

Indeed! Pretty cool, right?

Like Joker said in The Dark Knight, “It’s all part of the plan.”

3 Likes

I am picturing batman and superman doing the fusion dance from dragon ball z to take get this form :grin: :facepalm_catwoman: :facepalm_batman:

2 Likes

Either way, a cool look is a cool look.

It reminds me more of Red Hood, especially since the headgear is…red and looks like something Jason would wear.

3 Likes

Yes it does…just slap a brown leather jacket on it and that’s Jason…slap a black leather jacket with spikes on it and its Kon-El

PS: You have to admit it would be funny to see Batman and Superman preforming the fusion dance.

2 Likes

Indeed it would. It’d also give me a reason to care about DBZ. :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Goku’s later revealed origin was partially inspired by Superman. :nerd_face: His reconned origin in dragon ball super: Brolly is a blatant ripoff of Superman’s origin.

1 Like

It’s the Composite Batman with all the powers of The Outsiders combined.

4 Likes

If that’s what Dan Mora thinks, then its good enough for me.

I can see that outfit being a cosplay fav. Especially among the Red Hood crowd who want something new (because leather jackets are cool, but variety and changing things up is nice, too).

Also: If The Outsiders ever make their way into this series, I certainly hope its the Aparo-era team (i.e. the best Outsiders).

1 Like

Snagged a copy on amazon =)

3 Likes

World’s Finest Day is here, its :fireworks: here :fireworks:! :partying_face: :champagne:

This month, Green Lantern takes the stage!

What did you :index_pointing_at_the_viewer: think of the newest issue of DC’s best new series of 2022 (so far :wink:), and did you pick up any of the variants for #4?

3 Likes

Ok, this was a fun issue…not the fusion dance but still a fun way to fuse Batman and Superman. Best line in the book: I miss the days when you could just knock him out with a yellow brick. the best part of the book: Supergirl finishing off Nezha.

1 Like

Check out these covers for World’s Finest #7, which drops on September 20th.

A cover by Dan Mora

B cover by Joshua Middleton

C cover by Pete Woods (1:25)

D cover by Todd Nauck (1:50)

CC: @DC89, @Kon-El-Prime, @millernumber1, @Pow-Pow (can you find all of the Supergirls on this one? :wink:) and @TheWifeOfJasonTodd (Jason’s kinda-sorta dead center).

5 Likes

My thoughts on #4:

:00_lc_green_lantern: The Superman and Batman vs. Hal battle was fun, especially when Hal bore down on Superman in an armor construct (which I’d absolutely buy a toy of).

:superman: Superman and Batman merging to defeat Hal. Could this constitute a new take on Composite Superman? I’m kinda-sorta seeing it that way.

:red_circle: Nezha’s army of Donna Troy, Firestorm, Red Tornado, Martian Manhunter, Black Canary and Kid Flash. More heroes (even if they are appearing under the thrall of a villain) in a heroically awesome series, YES! :muscle:t2:

:00_supergirl: Supergirl’s last-minute defeat of Nezha. “Shui and her friends say hi.”

I kind of figured Kara was going to say “But only from the inside.” as I flipped the page and before I even read her dialogue, as the flow of the piece just seemed to be headed that way. Not a negative though, just a notation.

Overall, another solid issue.

3 Likes

Wow. I’ve been tempted to get this series since it started, since I’ve really enjoyed all the other Batman/Superman team up books I’ve read, but seeing Hal featured so prominently really really makes me want to get it. :smiley:

4 Likes

This is one instance where its perfectly okay to succumb to temptation, as World’s Finest is the best new ongoing of 2022.

…and Hal being in it only makes the piece that much sweeter. :0_lc_green_lantern_hal_jordan:

4 Likes

I might have to keep an eye out for it when I go to the comic store tomorrow. I’ve cut back on buying so many comics a few months ago, but there are a few titles (like this one) that are making that harder to do. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

The cool thing about World’s Finest so far is that (like the original World’s Finest, as well as Superman/Batman) its a window on the DC Universe-style series.

If you want to see a bunch of rad characters from different franchises in action, but don’t necessarily want to buy a bunch of books for that, then you can just keep it simple and get a whole mess of characters and franchise representation in this one series.

Also, the writing and art is quite choice! :kissing: :pinched_fingers:t2:

If you need to, drop something on your pull list to make room for World’s Finest (like Green Lantern :wink:) because this book will absolutely be worth your time.

4 Likes