Batman: Shadow War Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Love that episode of SHG! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Given Ra’s was trying to most of humanity to save the world…and Talia helped him in those plots she would be just as guilty if he succeeded as he was. so ya her trying to kill humanity is not shocking.
Confused: Talia did not try to murder her son, the mutant clone of her son and thought she had control of showed it Was self-aware and chose to kill his brother shocking Talia. other then the fact that talia ordered his creation Talia can’t be blamed for that action and here is the proof:

I did not want to take the last page from batman Inc issue 8 but Talia’s reaction to heretics action is genuine.

3 Likes

I don’t really want to go back and forth with you on this.

2 Likes

I never thought that was a show I would get into, but it’s actually pretty good.

2 Likes

Quite enjoyable!

1 Like

I don’t think he would “drop” Selina…its just complicated, love triangle, mother of my child, stuff…I never thought of Bruce and Selina being monogamous during their break anyways…especially not Selina…and I wouldn’t hold it against her either…sure its a little soap opera, but that’s ok. Even in Future State the Talia/Selina tug o war was going on, when Selina saves him on the train, but he had to run off with Talia…poor Bruce…decisions, decisions…(Selina will win in the end, though…)

1 Like

Sorry.(sheepish look) thanks for letting me know that. My last comment on this subject is at the end of the day I don’t like Talia because in almost every universe were Bruce and Talia have a child, Talia keeps them to herself until they are at least 7 years old. I say almost because Earth 11 is confusing.

2 Likes

(this is meant as Topic change form my last line of comments)
However its also been implied in this issue that Talia may have had Ra’s killed for wanting her to turn herself in with him. As Batman said Deathstroke does not miss. Also, that DNA test that said Damian was not batman’s son makes a lot more sense.
although I find it odd that Ra’s would be the one to create Respawn and do the things he did to him. Yes, Ra’s is a monster, but he also is a man of honor and Respawns words do not fit with the man’s character. Talia is not as moral as Ra’s is in any way, and would use Respawns desire to have her affection to lie.
‘Mother is the name of God on the lips and heart of all children’ -Erick Draven The Crow

1 Like

I enjoyed this Batman issue. The art was excellent through out. The Bruce/Talia thing is a thing that is happening again, huh? Not ideal but not the worst thing in the world. What would be cool is to see Talia gain more ground and then for whatever reason Lady Shiva shows up to take her down. What would be even cooler is if we can get a Lady Shiva solo series.

For as evil or bad or whatever Talia is supposed to be, her motherly instincts are always fun to see. When she hears Damian go after Slade by himself her anger is legitimate.

4 Likes

Ra’s sense of honor historically is very selective though. He’d like to think himself noble but his actions rarely have been. A dude who will fashion a plague to wipe out 90% of humanity will absolutely grow some weird clone - full stop.

Batman did a bit more than imply that Talia was culpable; he straight-up accused her of it. She never quite denied it either so I think that’s still on the table. It seems clear Slade isn’t the killer at this point, but it’s someone he’s tangled with before. I was wondering about Pat Trayce - not sure what she’s been up to. Silencer is another option though I don’t recall if she and Slade have faced off before.

6 Likes

However, there is also the issue that ‘The Network’ (from The Joker series) has the technology to create half clones doing such with Vengence banes daughter. Ra’s would likely be a member, that’s how Ra’s would have created Respawn. but then again that would also be how you would harvest organs without the need for Respawn as they were able to grow vengeance in a short time. And respawn’s memories could be a fabrication to cover this.
going down this line of thought the Slade that shot Ra’s could be a clone as well.

3 Likes

I don’t think Ra’s needs to be part of the Network to create clones. We saw in Batman Inc that he has tons of Damian clones (which I don’t think was ever really followed up on). Plus he has those Man-Bat ninjas.

2 Likes

…then Respawn would not be needed for Damian to be saved via organ transplants…making his words even more suspect. however, we do not know much about the network other than they have connections with supervillains and some of the super-rich. Ra’s may not be a member but it’s possible Talia would be. or she would know of them at least. and could use them to make Respawn and a Slade clone without her father knowing.

2 Likes

I’m sure they have interactions, but we’ve known about Ra’s biotechnology capacities for far longer than the Network has been featured.

3 Likes

Yes My thinking is Ra’s may have acquired his biotech stuff from The network or the network is part of his leagues…or more interestingly they could have ties in the council of immortals.

3 Likes

or someone could write a Grayson-style series where you find out that it was actually all Otto Netz! :slight_smile: Honestly, I don’t really think that the use of biotech is similar enough that I would say Tynion intended a connection, though.

3 Likes

The only places i recall that have the tech to do this style of cloning (on earth) are the network, Leviathan, and Cadmus. Talia got her tech from leviathan, so it makes sense Ra’s would have gotten it from her…Ok crazy idea time: the Slade who killed Ra’s is a clone of Bruce Talia made and intends to use it to replace Bruce. she stole his memories by copying them from the memory machine thing Bruce made for his own clones, then simply twisted them to create her perfect beloved. i mean why would she just stop at a Damian clone.

1 Like

Did you read the Silencer series? That was all about Leviathan, and had a truly ludicrous amount of biotech.

4 Likes

I think I heard of it but I have not read it. However, as I was writing my crazy theory I also recalled the missing/empty Batman DNA vial in the Joker series when Vengence was being made, and that Talia lost control of leviathan for a time and only just got it back. however, Talia has also been head of the league of shadows and her father’s right-hand woman since she was a teenager revealed in Gotham city villains. so when Talia became part of Leviathan, Ra’s would have gotten the biotechnology they had. also, it’s possible leviathan was made part of the network or has been a part of it as their biotech could be used for the purposes the network had been using it for. calling it Leviathan Joker would make us instantly think of Talia and Ra’s due to her connection to it, so calling it simply the network would make for a great red herring.

1 Like

You should definitely check out Silencer. It’s pretty good, and tons of great Talia and Leviathan lore.

Has Talia actually led the league of SHADOWS? I thought she’d led the League of Assassins? Shadows, I thought, was only led by Shiva in current lore.

2 Likes