Batman 's Training

Red Hood The Lost Years is one of my favorite comics. I really like how it illustrates his training.

The recent run on Detective Comics referenced some of Batmans teachers. This motivated me to read more on Batmans training.

I would appreciate any recommendations on this topic. I would really like some material of his time with Mister Miracle also.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

2 Likes

While I know this doesn’t help you with finding more on Batman’s training, I know that Batman’s time with Mister Miracle is a new idea just introduced in that issue of Detective Comics. There is nothing else in it.

2 Likes

*on it

(Can’t wait for the edit button)

1 Like

Scott Snyder did back ups during Zero Year that specifically focused on him learning different skills from different teachers. So those would be good issues.

Detective Comics #0 also focused on young days of training.

The Man Who Falls from secret Origins is a classic.

I may be wrong on this but I believe Tomasi just made up the Mr Miracle stuff that recently appeared in Detective Comics. Again, someone tell me (nicely) if I’m wrong.

3 Likes

Actually, here’s some on the service; they’re part of the New 52 continuity:

Batman: The Dark Knight (2011-) #0
Detective Comics (2011-) #0
Batman (2011-) #21 (second story)
Batman (2011-) #22 (second story)
Batman (2011-) #23 (second story)

2 Likes

Dang it Matches Malone! Beat me to them while I was typing!

3 Likes

Clearly the only option is a lifelong rivalry! I myself will train, just like Batman, so I can one day defeat you in a typing battle TO THE DEATH!

2 Likes

Also check out Legends of The Dark Knight (2012) #38. This features a really fun adventure with young Bruce and Alfred while traveling abroad. It leads to Bruce learning one of his most famous skills… I won’t spoil which one!

2 Likes

Wow! Thanks for the information. Any suggestions are much appreciated but please no Typing Deathmatches.

2 Likes

@KamAndi80 Don’t worry, if I’m following Batman’s trading regiment then I won’t be back until over a decade later. Then I’ll fail horribly until I’m inspired to change my profile picture into one that strikes fear into the hearts of DC Universe members!

2 Likes

*training

(Once again, can’t wait for the edit button)

1 Like

So many great recommendations here! Thanks, guys! I’m a sucker for a good training scene.

1 Like

@Zatanna Were you just browsing or did you come to check up on my own comment that I just realized I accidentally flagged?

1 Like

Were there any actual comic issues showing a test for Bruce in a fight to the death but he refuses to kill his opponent so another is added and so on?

1 Like

@KamAndi80 Yes, it’s the second story in Batman (2011-) #23

1 Like

Unless you’re asking for build up to that story, in which case no, I don’t believe there is any.

1 Like

Thanks Awesome! Haven’t made it through all the second stories yet. Gonna check that one right now.

2 Likes

@KamAndi80 Happy to help! Hope you enjoy it; it’s definitely my favorite out of the three back ups to Zero Year:
Secret City.

2 Likes