Batman: No Man's Land (and Cataclysm) Read Along!

What version of Cataclysm did you buy? (I want these too at some point so I’m doing the research eventually anyways.)

4 Likes

I have linked every NML book I have purchased from Comixology.

4 Likes

Right now I’m finishing the Nightwing Issue while hiding from my sister’s friends who’ve invaded my house…

3 Likes

@D4RK5TARZ, good news, Aftershock appears to be included in Road to NML that you linked.

@WingsOfAether are we talking Normandy invasion or Secret Wars here?

4 Likes

That is excellent! I picked up Road to NML and NML books for maybe $5 each when they were on sale. I think they are on sale now as well but not at those prices.

4 Likes

More Normandy Invasion, but between me and my “vicious” dog who hates strangers, we were successful in our attempt to reclaim the house and drive out my sister’s dastardly fiends friends.

In other news, I’m really enjoying the read-along and can’t wait for the next issues!

4 Likes

Just read finished Detective Comics 719 and was overall not impressed. It seems like the only important part to move the story forward is in the last pages. I really couldn’t care about a crooks encounter with Batman.

4 Likes

I just bought one volume not that long ago. It wasn’t bad but it was more expensive than that.

Yeah, I kind of fail to see how that tied in. Seemed random. I liked the first part though.

2 Likes

Yeah, I can easily see that. I personally didn’t mind it too much because I thought the visual storytelling of what the crook said happen vs what actually happened kinda cool, but it definitely didn’t have much plot-value.

3 Likes

It had to be because of the doctor reading the projections of an earthquake. If it wasn’t for those few pages I don’t think it would be included. I guess they had to show a normal life or whatever before the chaos so you can grasp how catastrophic or umm… cataclystistic it is.

3 Likes

Batman: Shadows of the Bat 73 was excellent and sad. Babs was the perfect person to follow as we see the state of Gotham. It was almost poetic that she was the one unharmed, her building didn’t succumb to the quake. She has already faced a lot of tragedy up to this point and I don’t think adding anything more would give the same effect.

Nightwing 19 is more lighthearted and I am not familiar with all of the characters in this story. For example:

I am not sure who this kid is but he did take a shot or two at Marvel character names.

I believe those were the 3 books for this week.

See you next week on the same Bat-time and same Bat-topic.

3 Likes

They were, that’s Nite-wing. He’s new to me too. I just started reading Nightwing and he’s a tougher wanna be vigilante.

3 Likes

Oh, talking about that random character, when’s trying to pick a name and looks at the building signs, my mind immediately focused on one of the signs… and I think it’s the name he should go with

3 Likes

I’m putting this (next) week’s up tonight because I don’t know if I’ll be on here tomorrow.

Batman #553: DC UNIVERSE INFINITE: Explore the Multiverse

Azrael: Agent of the Bat #40: DC UNIVERSE INFINITE: Explore the Multiverse

Detective Comics #720: DC UNIVERSE INFINITE: Explore the Multiverse

3 Likes

Cool! I’ll start reading as soon as I can! Can’t wait!

2 Likes

Great!! I’ve been looking forward to continuing this all week!

2 Likes

Just read the first 3 read it when it originally came out but due to deliveries not in order,lookin forward to it.

3 Likes

Welcome @RexRebel!

2 Likes

Thanks, just got through with the two for this week, had some down time as Mafia hadn’t started yet. I really enjoyed Azrael, as watching him get through the earthquake effects while chasing Bane was quite well written and drawn, as well as entertaining. Bruce’s thought process on leaving the cave contrasted with his reaction on the last page quite nicely.

3 Likes

My notes on this weeks readings:

Batman 553:

Wait, Lucius is married? To who? What do we know about Mrs. Fox? Where is she now? I thought he was a widower.

Again with the fire. I love NML but where is all this fire coming from?!

The Quake proof Wayne building is important later.

Ah, I take it this is Mrs. Fox. Wait… Now I have more questions. I thought Luke was older?

Ruptured gas mains! That sort of doesn’t make any sense! I’ll go with it. Fire explained.

Barbara would have been a great cop. Runs in the family.

Alfred is funnier than Joker. Actually… that sounds like a poll!

• Alfred is funnier
  • Joker is funnier

0 voters

Where is Anarky for NML… Hm…

[you may have noticed, I make these as I go, without really proofreading or anything. Forgive me if they are random.]

Um… I’m mildly concerned about Bullock’s injury. He’s a tough cookie but he seems a little too ready to deal with a pipe through the arm, (No @AliDCNotLetMeLogin, I am not saying that from a medical standpoint! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

Hardback plays a role later too.

Azreal 40:

He’s got a beard!!! I can’t get that out of my head.

It won’t go away. (I really don’t like the art from Az during NML but the beard is a new low)

Artist is different for this issue. I like everything but the beard.

Nice issue. Liked the ending. Some context would be nice. The beard was a no. (I really didn’t like the beard. Did I say that already?)

'Tective 720:

Isn’t Gotham on the coast?

Random fun fact this reminded me of: Flight attendants have a “10 80 10” rule. 10% of people panic, 80% of people are sheep that will freeze until someone tells them what to do, and 10% of people will take charge and be heroes.

I’m a cynic so I go by the “30 69 1” rule. You do the math.

Poor Renee.

I actually appreciate the irony that the guy doomed himself. Great writing.

Nice art too while I’m at it.

Poor Harold.

Sure Helena, just not the one it needs right now.

Being in a underwater cave is a… concern of mine. I don’t like it. This issue is giving me… unwanted feelings of nausea.

Again with the fire. That’s a lot of gas. What’s burning at this point? All the building look like brick to me…

3 Likes