Batman: No Man's Land (and Cataclysm) Read Along!

Also, I have pretty much avoided all Batman in comics but I have heard that NML is one of the best stories in Batman. WIth that knowledge, I also picked up this novelization of NML a while back from Amazon for cheap. My plan is to read that about a month or two after we finish NML.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve never actually read the novel. Youā€™ll have to let me know how it is!

Canā€™t imagine who would tell you something like that. Probably some obsessive Bat-Fan. There are some real weirdos out there.

4 Likes

I have no idea who would tell me that either! Just making sure, we are discussing 3 issues a week. As I tend to binge read stuff, I might read ahead. Then again, my stack of TPBs arenā€™t going to read themselvesā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never done a read along so I donā€™t really know how any of this works (bare with me). Do you guys think we should do more than 3 per week? I might read ahead a little too.

• We should read more than 3 per week.
  • 3 is max for me.

0 voters

5 Likes

I am thinking like 5-6 but that maybe too much for others. I know in some clubs there are like 6-10 a week depending on the topic and the size of the issues.

4 Likes

Iā€™m fine with either, but I can for sure read more than 3ā€¦

4 Likes

Another thing to keep in mind is the scope of this project. It might be harder to keep people going to the finish line if we spread it out too thin. Cataclysm is like 10-12 books alone. Then there is the Road to NML and then NML. Those are 6 TPBs combined. So we are dealing with 7 THICK TPBs.

4 Likes

In that case, Iā€™ll wait until tomorrow and if no one has said 3 is max Iā€™ll do 5+ per week.

4 Likes

Iā€™d prefer 3 but I can do more if thatā€™s what everyone else wants

4 Likes

When I heard ā€œMomoā€ my first thought was of this:
And my brain went ā€œWho let Momo drive?!ā€ :rofl:

4 Likes

Lols :joy: :rofl::joy::rofl:

3 Likes

@TheBatgirlofNML Do you have a reading order set up? Or is there one under the comics section? Iā€™m wondering how many issues in total NML covers.

4 Likes

This, I believe, is the reading for this week. I think @TheBatgirlofNML mentioned it was about 80 issues (or something) like that in total.

4 Likes

Ok, just finished all three, and man, they were depressingā€¦ but If I had to choose a favorite, it would be nightwing, that one was the most hopeful lol

4 Likes

Iā€™m following these for Catacylsm, Aftershock, and Road to NML.
https://comicbookreadingorders.com/dc/events/batman-cataclysm-reading-order/
https://comicbookreadingorders.com/dc/events/batman-no-mans-land-reading-order/

Iā€™m getting the NML order off of the service.

This actually brings up an important point, the reading order for NML is up to debate. The volumes, the ā€œreading orderā€ website, and DCU all are different. Iā€™m going by DCU to try to make things easier.

5 Likes

I will be using the collections as I bought those a while back. I donā€™t think it will be too bad as we move along.

4 Likes

Thank you. I want to read along and try to be a little ahead.

5 Likes

I just checked and the collection for Cataclysm is the same order you are using! Is Aftershock in a collection?

4 Likes

I think itā€™s included in some versions of Cataclysm?

3 Likes

It looks like DCU will be used for that part then :frowning: I like DCU but I was hoping to have this whole collection.

4 Likes