:halloween_batman: Batman Long Halloween PT1 and PT2 Trailer Out Now :halloween_batman:

I’ve always said Falcone (and other n) but my dad who’s more Italian than me :sweat_smile: say it with the “ee”. So I guess it’s just both and leave it there​:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I can only hope that the WB lawyers have forced them to take out at least half of the blatant Godfather references. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

:joy::joy:

3 Likes

this looks fun, do you think it will be in same world as superman man of tommorow and the jsa movie it looks similar? should I go ahead and read long halloween before?

3 Likes

I think it may be based of the animation but they could be just using the same kind of animation. Who knows until they crossover.

As for reading it. It was the first comic I read and it was awesome™:+1: but it is a mystery so if you want to see the movie as a mystery going in blind then don’t (because who knows if they changed it or not from the comic) but if you don’t mind the definitely give it a read. It a great story with cool art.

5 Likes

I’ll echo @NYJt3 in saying that if you want to enjoy the movie as a mystery, then you probably shouldn’t read the comic beforehand. Personally though, I would suggest reading the comic first because having the context provided by the original source material will probably help you appreciate the movie adaptation. At least, that’s what I’ve found with these movies. I remember watching “Justice League: The New Frontier” several years ago and it honestly didn’t have as much of an impact on me as it did when I rewatched it after reading Darwyn Cooke’s “DC: The New Frontier”.

3 Likes

Heck yes! The Long Halloween is one of my favorite Batman stories! I love the visuals and the cast. I’m hoping its more like their adaptation of the Dark Knight of Returns 1 & 2 terms of quality and less like Hush.

I’m also going to miss Tim Sale’s art but I suppose that’s not meant for animation. I think I might preorder this one.

3 Likes

REALLY hoping conventions return so Part 2 can premiere at NYCC in October!

2 Likes

ok guys I read it. now my brain hurts, I’m confused. also am I the only one who was more mad abt the ommision of krypto than making hush riddler?

3 Likes

I didn’t really mind hush as riddler. Was a nice twist. I never found it special that it was tommy originaly. Random new long lost childhood friend in a story about a new villain you pretty much know he’s the villain. :sweat_smile: as for krypto I forgot about he was in hush.

1 Like

Loved this trailer! Super pumped for these movies. I’m really loving the new animation style that DC seems to be doing with most of their films since Man of Tomorrow. I loved the previous DCAMU, but I always felt the style was a little too bland. I think this new one pops a lot more and feels very reminiscent of comics.

I know it’s not at all like the HYPER-stylized art from The Long Halloween comics, but I think it works really well. I’m super pumped. Oh, and the voice cast seem great too. Especially looking forward to Troy Baker’s Joker.

Edit: Also, I’m well aware that these recent animated films aren’t sharing a universe, I’m just saying I like that they’re finally switching up the style in general after all these years.

3 Likes

how could you forget, Krypto is the best part?

2 Likes

Been a while since I read it. Time for re read I guess​:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Does this mean that Jensen Ackles is technically fighting himself? Since he was Red Hood in Under the Red Hood, and now he’s Batman? Jk.

I’m so excited!

2 Likes

Troy Baker did so I guess it’s Ackles turn :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Oh yeah! Man I love Troy Baker…

The face reveal always makes me go:

2 Likes

Funny thing I didn’t know that was him until last year. And I’ve played that game so much :joy:

3 Likes

Lol :laughing:

2 Likes

Missed opportunity to have Jim Beaver as Gordon

2 Likes

I struggle with the integrity of choosing Riddler at random just because they didn’t want it to be ‘obvious’. I believe in letting the story have integrity and if the reader/viewer ‘gets it’ well, there shouldn’t be anything wrong with that.

I don’t believe in changing things just for the sake of changing them. That’s not good writing.

That’s why I hope they don’t do the same here.

2 Likes