Batman: Kings Of Fear - Text Block Lite

So far, having made it to the second issue, written by Scott Peterson and pencilled by Kelly Jones, it seems there was a conscious decision to go easy on the wordage and stick with bold blocks of images, which does fit Kelly’s style.

2 Likes

I LOVE this mini. If you think it’s good at only two issues in, then brudda, you are in for a TREAT, and then some.

2 Likes

It’s got a sharp narrative focus, perfect for a mini format. I expect a well crafted journey, drenched with shadows and action outbursts.

1 Like

Batman: Kings of Fear was a bit of a rollercoaster for me. I liked it, but quickly became apprehensive because so many comics recently have been on an anti-Batman binge (for lack of a better description) and it seemed like that’s the direction it was going. But by the end they reeled it back in. I loved the colors, style, and overall theme - excellent series!

Lol. @Vroom, you are not wrong! :smile:

@keylimetyrant, did you finish reading it?

1 Like

I do have a few issues left, but it really is more of an extended exercise in style, which certainly has a place in comics. And I am more of an Barrows/Mahnke guy over Kelly Jones when it comes to the depiction of Bats.