Batman: Joker War Discussion

Oh nice. Will check it out. :grin:

1 Like

As someone else said, I’m a bit done with Joker. I don’t think he’s been handled poorly by those I have read recently; he just needs to rest. I think the problem is in the in/out of continuity books add to the feeling of overload. He hasn’t been in the main batbooks for awhile so that may seem like a gap but he’s been everywhere else. Plus, don’t forget he had a role in The Batman Who Laughs and Hell Arisen. And TBWL is Joker-esque and he has been in far too many books.
Aside from that, this is so far stacking up as pure retread. Secret identity known, family attacked, fortune gone, yada yada. Gotham will never be the same. The family will never be the same. Batman will never be the same. The truth is that I would like Batman to be the same for a change. I love “gather the whole DCU” miniseries events but I want monthly books to lay off multipart stories for a bit.

1 Like

Totally see where you’re coming from. I honestly stayed away from a lot of those Black Label titles and alternate universe titles. So far me it is kind of refreshing with the Joker. Since he hasn’t been on the main title for awhile. I also do enjoy batfamily events.

But honestly the last few “crisis” have been underwhelming.

I’m still interested to see where this storyline leads. Maybe they’ll surprise us and we’ll get a different outcome.

1 Like

I hope so. Tynion’s Joker story in Batman Annual 3 is one of my favorites so it’s possible.
I’m just overly cynical these days and I think I want normalcy in my books to compensate.

I admit I haven’t been keeping up with the current Batman run but have them in my digital library of books to continue with.
Against The Joker in all his homicidal mania, as it was called in the 70’s, Batman will indeed need someone to be the voice of reason and sanity if Alfred is gone.
If Batman abandons his moral code to fight The Joker on The Joker’s terms i.e. becoming The Joker in order to predict his next move, all hands will be needed on deck to save him not only from The Clown Prince of Crime but from himself.
Batman has always had no self-control when he discovers knowledge of other worlds and is willing to take everyone down with him to achieve that understanding.

1 Like

I get it. And really do hope this changes some dynamics for the better

Very true. Really good points made. I think that’s maybe why he’s letting Harley assist here and there in the more recent issues.

1 Like

Indeed. Even with Deathstroke lol
If he didn’t have Catwoman he really would be in trouble.

2 Likes

I like that he’s finally letting people in but he seriously needs to fix his family first in my honest opinion. But I do think he’s going in the right direction. Like stop lying to the BatFam.

3 Likes

Also get Ric some help lol.

1 Like

OMG! Yes! I’m sorry but I need Dick Grayson back. I totally added his last name to avoid any sexual innuendos :joy:

2 Likes

I am going to need to reach for a bottle of Black Label if Batman keeps pushing whatever family he has left away from what you both are saying.
Then again, maybe they will all rally around when they are alerted to hi m being in trouble and will rescue him once again.
They have been carrying Batman on their backs for years like he is the giant penny from the Bat Cave.

3 Likes

Yeah but they love him and believe in him. So they don’t give up on him. Also I do believe part of it might be he really might lose it if they all really leave him

3 Likes

The Black Label is pretty cool. White Knight(and Curse) and Last Knight on Earth are both great reads.

3 Likes

Those are also titles i have in my digital library to read.
I am a writer myself so when i am in the middle of working on one of my own projects my pile of reading grows exponentially.

2 Likes

For the longest time my reading list was growing because I kept putting it off for work or other reasons. I’ve finally been able to catch up and honestly I just so happen to catch up just in time for Batman: Joker War. Maybe that’s also why I’m kinda excited about this run and want to talk about it. I’m usually so late to the party lol

2 Likes

In some ways, i kind of like knowing what to expect to allay disappointments or just just underwhelming writing.as, being a writer of self-published novels, my mind always goes to generating three or four different scenes that i would have done differently.
The Three Jokers storyline I had forgotten all about but am interested to know where that storyline is going inless it will just be DC pulling two other alternate Earths out of their hat as they have gone to the well with that explanation for every book they produce in recent years.

1 Like

That’s cool that you write and self publish.

I’m curious as to how The 3 Jokers will play out. It could turn out really interesting or just a bad story that needs to be fix via another crisis or major time altering event

1 Like

“Crisis” storylines or major time-altering events used to be used sparingly back in the 80’s and 90’s but it seems to me, anyway, that they are now layered upon each other every successive year and I lose track of which pieces of continuity or the backstories are carried over to the new timeline and which are retroactively altered to not have taken place at all.

1 Like

Yeeaahhh they are totally complicated and at first introduce (correct me if I’m wrong), to fix issues made in the current timeline at that time.

But I normally do lose track but some really just happen to make sure the previous one never happened. Some are pointless in my opinion.

1 Like