Batman: Hush Movie

So I just saw the Batman: Hush movie today and I thought it was decent and enjoyable but I don’t think it was amazing and I think it would have been better if it stayed more faithful to the comic instead of trying to be a part of this new animated universe. Although I did like that they at finally made this amazing story into a movie of some kind.

But I wanted to ask you all what you thought. Did you like it? I heard some people actually think it’s better than the comic, which I don’t understand but hey if that’s your opinion than great. I just want to know what your guys think.

Oh also; what’s your guys favorite Batman stories and which ones do you think they should turn into movies?
I personally would love to see Batman the Long Halloween turned into a movie.

Hush was a disappointment. The focus was far too centered on Bruce and Selinas relationship, when the original story arc was about Bruve and Tommy’s relationship and why Tommy became Hush. The Riddler? Really? Unfortunately DC does not out these “Movies” In chronological order. Red hood movie came out some years before this. When in the comics Hush story arc came out before The Red Hood story Arc. That’s shy we see clayface as Riddler and as a grown up Jason Todd back from the dead. What a waste.

1 Like

Fix the forwarding and time please can’t go back to the part and is spoiling the movie by fast forwarding

1 Like

I really enjoyed the action scenes. And seeing Bruce and Selina’s relationship was refreshing as well as seeing Batman enjoy himself. It was nice seeing that. But… That’s it…

Having never read the comic before, I came into this movie knowing little to nothing about the storyline. And I still felt like I was left unfulfilled. This certainly wasn’t the strongest of the dceu films. And although I never read the comic before, everyone knows who Thomas Elliot is.

And yet they disrespect the character of Hush by giving the role to just another one of Batman’s disgruntled rogue’s…>_>

1 Like

The original story was pretty awful, and most of the changes were improvements. I still can’t believe that Jeph Loeb actually stuck with Thomas Elliot being Hush. What kind of detective story telegraphs the answer to the mystery so hard?! Loeb even delivered a far more interesting identity for Hush (Jason Todd) before throwing that notion away and going for the most obvious suspect. And Riddler’s involvement in the comic’s storyline always felt like an afterthought, so the movie fixed two problems at once.

The big advantage the comic has over the movie is continuity. There’s more weight to the Joker scene in the original story because Loeb traded on some of the most infamous Joker stories of the (at the time) last 15 years. And he was able to douse the audience in nostalgia as he lifted scenes straight from beloved stories of the past (see especially the fight with Ra’s Al Ghul, which the movie understandably leaves out).

The film is so stripped down and streamlined that it doesn’t quite capture the “highlight reel” nature of the source material. And since the comic story’s structure was designed around building toward a tempting teaser at the end of every issue (so we’d buy the next one), not around telling an actual compelling story when taken as a whole, the movie isn’t left with much to work with once it strips out all the callbacks and cliffhangers. It just becomes kinda boring.

I agree with much of what every one has said. I was a little disappointed with the depth of the story, compared with an animated movie like
Under the Red Hood.

My wife, who hasn’t read the comics, liked it but was left confused by some it as well. Why was Tommy Elliot important was one of her bigger questions.

I am glad this version of the Riddler is off the table in the animated universe. It was an awful version of the character.

1 Like

I watched Batman hush and it was terrible l thought we were getting a new character but the riddleri I thought hush was Tommy Elliot it was very disappointing almost as bad as Batman Harley quinn

1 Like

The worst scene for me is Catwoman/Nightwing graveyard scene.
They turn Nightwing into bumbling, stumbling, idiot who gets easily surprised and dominated by the villain. Almost as if they wanted to make Catwoman take center stage and to be the bad ass in this scenario. And which they could have easily done without making another character look weaker than they are supposed to be. The only thing worse than being that creatively stupid is being that stupid and having NO IMAGINATION at how to accomplish their goal while keeping the integrity of their characters intact. Or maybe they are not stupid at all, and they just simply and secretly hate the character. Or even worse…maybe their WOKE.
This Hush animated movie is no where in the same ball park as “Under the Red Hood”…or even “Batman Bad Blood”. Although the Batman vs Nightwing fight at the end of “Batman Bad Blood” is Bull Crap…even if it is Batman. These idiots are able to make Damian take on Deathstroke & even Batman in prior movies, but when it’s Nightwing…oh that’s different. In “Batman Bad Blood”, Nightwing gets in one good blow that makes Batman pause, wipe his chin, and then proceed to own Nightwing with 7 consecutive moves ending with Batman dislocating NW’s shoulder. That is ridiculous. Firstly, NW should not need his escrima sticks to be able to go toe to toe with Bruce. And it’s not a question of Bruce coming out on top, it’s just the Bull Crap/Batman Fanboy way that it was done.

My advice to these idiots for keeping the integrity of BM & NW while fighting is to have NW as one of the few Non super powered humans who can keep up with Bruce in a fight. But even so, there needs to be a slight flashes of NW being in over his head. One day DG will be able to surpass Bruce in a fight. And if there smart, they will show that progression over time, and yet still leave it ambiguous as to whether NW is one day simply better than Bruce ever was, or if it was just simply age that allowed NW to surpass Bruce. *And if they write DG true to his character, he would be the LAST PERSON ON EARTH TO WANT TO ADMIT to ever being better (whether he is or whether because Bruce got old) than his mentor. But knowing some of these story writers, they are either too much of a BM Fanboy to make the story realistic (as much as a comic book story can be) or they simply don’t know how to add story layers to their characters. Bottom line for me, is I don’t expect story telling perfection. Even great story tellers have missteps. But what’s worse here, is that I have gotten the impression that some of these writers deep down aren’t fans of certain characters and they secretly take digs at these characters that they either don’t like. or they are apathetic to. Almost as if they think that by making these characters look inferior that The Powers That Be would allow them to focus more on the characters they prefer. And if DC wants far less comic book sales, and far less DC Universe subscribers than they are potentially capable of getting, then by all means DC should proceed on this course…because if less sales is their goal, then they are heading in the right direction.

*On a quick side note: A sample of what I’m talking about with DG NOT wanting to admit that he can possibly ever be better than Bruce is perfectly displayed in the beginning scenes of the live movie version of “Speed Racer”. While the movie as whole was crap, there were early scenes with a young Speed Racer idolizing and watching his big brother race that were near perfection as far as emotional character development goes. The most powerful moment of these scenes was when Speed (knowing that the only person he’s truly racing is the Ghost of his Brother Rex) is about to break his Brother’s Track Record. At that moment we realize the deep connection that Speed has to his older brother Rex, and it’s bloody brilliant. Now replace Speed for DG, Rex for Bruce, the racing for combatant fighting and you have a perfect metaphor for the skills and the emotional depths of the Bruce Wayne/Dick Grayson relationship. They didn’t make Speed significantly inferior just because they were fan boys of Rex…or vice versa for that matter. Both characters were respected and kept intact with regards to the original source material.

Lastly, Apologies for ranting, and for posting this in multiple threads, but I want these DC morons to take note, and to at least try to keep the integrity decent for all of these characters whether it’s NW or any other character.

2 Likes

I enjoyed it but it wasn’t nearly as good as the comics. There was so much more depth to the comic story.

1 Like

Enjoyed it but the comic was better. Leaving out Jason Todd and the original Hush was a mistake.

2 Likes

So after I watched Batman Hush I read the ending of Batman Hush (The Story) and in that book Riddler was Hush and Thomas Elliott was also Hush in that book to Riddler was the Brains of Hush and Thomas was the physical body of Hush just in the movie Riddler was both brains and the physical body so I really can be mad about that be Thomas should of had a bigger role (and Damien) but my opinion is 4/10 really Disappointing

This is only a shadow of what that comic is. The entire ending is vastly different. Way to write out Hush (TE) from the entire origin story of Hush. The most artful scenes of the comic, thrown away like garbage because what you wanted to check off a box of having an animated version of this rather than create anything worthwhile? Instead of trying to make the story a little smoother, they just chopped it up even more. So what is the Riddler supposed to be dead now? No other stories where Hush exists are real? Guess this is in it’s own timeline too like most of DCs nonsense universe at this point.
and then some little things
Amanda Waller was once again de-aged and made skinny because women can only have one body type and age - thank you New52. I’m glad she is back to normal in the books at least but here we see this crap on full display again.
And you had to just mess with Harley’s outfit one more time? Like she was just fine in her classic suit in an old story but no gotta keep changing her up. Then of course they utterly screwed up her entire small scene. i mean bursting out of Pagliacci is hilarious and interesting. Was it just too hard to draw?? This sucked so much boo on you whoever wrote this new version of Hush.

So is the new Batman movie based on Hush​:thinking: