Batman Hush. Is it wrong to be disappointed?

I agree, the Bat/Cat debate turned me off as did the Scarecrow/Nightwing fight and Riddler’s seemingly fatal demise.

One of the reasons I really like Hush, is the showcase of Batman’s supporting cast, so I didn’t really expect to like the movie as much because I didn’t think that aspect would translate as well to film. I was right, but worse than that was having Nightwing be cannon fodder. The comic has Bruce think about how Dick was always meant to take center stage/be his own hero, while Dick is taking out a bunch of goons. It’s a positive showcase for the hero that I greatly appreciated.

1 Like

To be honest, that could be the tagline for most of these DC animated movies :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Sadly, that’s very true and greatly annoying. Gah!

1 Like

I know right! Poor guy can’t go through a single movie without being crippled, either physically or mentally.

Hopefully if we see Nightwing again in an animated movie, they’ll treat him a little better :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Next Movie.
Amazo dominates the Justice League and then glances at Batman and Nightwing. He scans them both to copy their powers. Amazo then painfully grabs his shoulder.
Amazo: Augh! My arms are both broken.
Batman: It’s a package deal. You get our strengths, but you also get Nightwing’s many weaknesses. [Amazo faints].
Batman: Good job son, you did it. [Gives Nightwing a hug].
Nightwing: Augh! My shoulders are broken!

1 Like