Batman: Hush - Best Comics-to-Screen Moments?

While many moments were changed for a new twist ending to the Jim Lee classic, Batman: Hush, we also got a chance to see some iconic images come to animated life! (That kiss though…:fire:)

For those who had a chance to watch Batman: Hush over the weekend, what were some of your favorite Comic-to-Screen moments? Let us know in the comments below!
(And bonus points for visual comparisons :heart_eyes:)

4 Likes

Batman almost crossing the line with Joker was incredibly well done

7 Likes

I loved the twist. All though I loved seeing everyone in the comic, I did not like knowing the bad guy from the start. It put a great twist and a good story

3 Likes

The final fight with hush, to me was the perfect amount of brutal and fast paced, so the final fight scene is my favorite scene from the movie.

3 Likes

The scene with Nightwing & Catwoman driving to the cemetery was great.

Hush makes my SO NOT want to see the Bruce/Selina ship. As an FWB, sure. As a real relationship it will never work. The whole thing just felt inorganic.

I liked Riddler as Hush and using the lazerus pit to heal himself. However, they needed to explain how The Riddler, a C lister as they say, becomes such a good hand to hand combatant. The fight was well choreographed, but it also felt unnatural to have the Riddler so adept at close quarters combat.

Granted, those are two big points of the film to take issue with. However I did think overall it worked, the pacing was very good.

3 Likes

I genuinely enjoyed it, though the ending definitely took me by surprise. It was kind of weird to get to the end of Hush and feel bad about Tommy Elliott’s fate.

1 Like

Batman almost killing joker was put on the screen very very well💪🏼

1 Like

3 Likes

2 Likes

It was dope to see Bruce & Salina really try to be together, but internally their nature just wont harmonically intertwine. What was wack to me, is the revealing of hust being edward nigma. Smh. Just ended the Scare of it all. Smh

7 Likes

Bruce’s plastic surgeon friend served no purpose in this version since he was not Hush. Also not big on mutilating riddlers head and killing him off in the end. Was two face even in the movie? Apart from those key moments that were reimagined for the series of animated films it had alot of iconic images from the comic. But over all I wish it was treated like the Miller adaptations like year one and TDKR.

8 Likes

The Catwoman/Batman chase sequence.

4 Likes

Gabe

2 Likes

I have to admit I was furious at this show I felt like it was an hour of my life that I’m never getting back. I understand the need to revamp the riddler into someone more ominous, but sacrificing a well thought out character like hush for that purpose really ruins the original story.

4 Likes

I loved almost all of it until the reveal that Hush is Nigma.

3 Likes

3/4 of this film worked great… until that ending! Why do Hush in the first place, to fool comics fans? Its like doing the Killing Joke but revealing its really the origin story for The Trickster! Lol Really REALLY disappointing considering the great translation of iconic visuals from the comic.

2 Likes

I wish they would had stuck with the original story.

3 Likes

What if Jason Todd will be referenced in a new upcoming Batman animated film

1 Like

extremely disappointed with the change in the ending

1 Like

WHY!!!???!!! Tommy being HUSH is what made the story so good. Why would you change that??? Why would DC approve that is even more frightening. Loved every second of it until it ended. Kind of like reading snyder’s stuff, post flashpoint at least.

1 Like