šŸŸ¢ šŸŸ¢ Batman Forever WAL Thursday 02-23-23 5PM PST šŸŸ¢ šŸŸ¢

Show of hands for whoā€™s read this (either when it came out or in the years since):

The Collectorā€™s Edition, complete with the above comic, Sky Caps and the CD single of Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me:

All of the Burton and Schumacher comic adaptations can be found in this snazzy, OOP trade:

4 Likes

A non-fungable nipple! Woo-Hoo!

:laughing: :grin:

4 Likes

I have one of these. :smiley: :+1:

4 Likes

I always flipped through it at B. Dalton in the summer of 1995, but for whatever reason, I never bought it until much later.

We talked about this a while ago:

Have you snagged that yet?

2 Likes

Whatā€™s the connective tissue between these two images?

Batman-Forever-batman-forever-23673488-640-384 (1)

Answer:

They both ended up in Arkham at the end of their respective movies.

4 Likes

I still need to get it.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a few on eBay for decent prices. The one I highlighted is $24.99, which isnā€™t bad, as the book originally went for $19.99.

3 Likes

Anyone up for a McDonaldā€™s run (sure, drive-through is fine)?

How about some fries to go with those beverages?

I wouldnā€™t mind getting a Two-Face fry box, provided it was unused.

5 Likes

Love any post @Vroom posted! Heā€™s bringing back alot of memories in my life!
I remember a day before it came out how excited I was, (Much like Batgirl in Super Heroes Girls), I was telling everyone that Iā€™m not going to school on its last day, Iā€™m going to go see Batman Forever!
My drama teacher was a very sweet lady and made a good offer I couldnā€™t refuse, I can still see her face when she said, ā€œIā€™ll make a deal with you, if you come to school tomorrow, Iā€™ll give you a free ticket to see Batman Forever.ā€
And I took the deal.
Also Batman Forever was the first movie I saw at the movie theater 4 times.
I thought Val Kilmer did a awesome job as Batman and couldnā€™t wait to see him as Batman again! (2 years later I wasnā€™t happy with the new Batman).
The movie bring also sad memory as well, losing a friend that same year was hard.
No matter what anybody say, Batman Forever is on my to 5 most favorite Batman film. :thumbs_up_batman:

:batman:

5 Likes

Thank you, but donā€™t forget the Delightful @DC89 and @biff_powā€™s contributions either, Prez. :wink:

Now, thatā€™s a deal! Mighty nice of her to do that.

Cool!

Now, letā€™s see. How many times did I see Batman Forever in theaters?

There wasā€¦

• The sneak preview on the night of June 15th (with the 16th being opening day), with my dad.

• A couple weeks after itā€™d opened, with my mom.

• A couple weeks after that, once again with my mom.

• Discount theater with my dad.

says ā€œ4, 4 times for Batman Forever on the big screen.ā€ in his best Sesame Street Count voice

A local theater chain shows older movies on the big screen from time to time (and in 4K laser projection with Dolby Atmos audio for select blockbusters), and if they show Batman Forever, Iā€™m there.

Keatonā€™s great, no doubt, but I loved Kilmer even more.

Not only was he a better Bruce Wayne, but as Batman, he easily outshone Keaton in the hand-to-hand combat department as well.

The opening fight with Two-Faceā€™s goons and how Batman dispatched them summarily, along with the Ritz Gotham takedown of his men? Thatā€™s Batman!

Iā€™m sorry. :people_hugging:

Theyā€™ll always live on in your memories of them and the movie. :slight_smile:

I love Batman Forever. Its unquestionably the most entertaining live-action Batman movie ever made.

Filmmaking-wise, The Dark Knight is the best LA Batman movie, but when it comes to entertainment value? Yeah, Forever is the champ and then some.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve got one of these too. :smiley:

5 Likes

I still have my Two-Face and Riddler glasses from '95. Never bought Batman or Robin, though.

3 Likes

I still have all four! :grin:

Another thing I love about Batman Forever was it was really exciting to see Two-Face for the first time in live action, I thought Tommy Lee Jone did a good job, I was really hoping Billy Dee Williams would play him.
By the time The Dark Knight came out, we all know who did a better job. To be honest I like how serious Two-Face is.
I was sorry to latter learn Tommy Lee Jones didnā€™t like Jim Carrey at all, guess he was jealous of Carreyā€™s success in 1994 with 3 hit films! Alllllllll Righty then, guess I better leave, looking forward to the watch along! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

One of the most underrated Batfilms? Is B&R the most underrated? :smirk::00_batman_1986::00_robin:

4 Likes

Iā€™ll have to check next time Iā€™m at my parentsā€™, but Iā€™m pretty sure we still have one of those, too. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nice! :smiley:

3 Likes

on the bright side, it gave me a reaction image i love!

c17d4c360f4aee8c982499ca19c7010f52e9fdd4

(iā€™m the only one who ever deserves to have it used against them, though :laughing:)

4 Likes

Woot-woot!

:pleading_face: :hugs:

Me too. :+1:

Very cool!

This is what he told Carrey when they went out for a get to know each other kindaā€™ dinner together right before filming on the movie was set to begin.

:eyes: :flushed:

Carrey mustā€™ve been stunned. Itā€™s like getting lectured for bad behavior by the HS vice principal over a plate of Crab Louie or whatever fancy schmancy cuisine they were taking in. :laughing:

4 Likes

to be fair, Jim Carreyā€™s buffoonery can be hard to sanction sometimes

(full disclosure: Jim Carrey was my favorite actor at the time and i had this on my wall

5 Likes

I didnā€™t know this existed, but now im interested!

5 Likes