Batman Forever Extended Cut? Yes Please!

Just read about this extended cut of Batman Forever. I can’t be the only one who likes this second best, of the Burton/Schumacher ones, am I? I’d love to see Two face break out and see what a mid 90s Man-Bat would have looked like.

6 Likes

I’ve seen the footage, and I think it would make for a somewhat better movie.

6 Likes

I’ve only learned of this recently but I would be happy to see it.

4 Likes

The Two Face Escapes footage is on YouTube…

8 Likes

I’m all for seeing it.

3 Likes

It was actually my favorite of the 4. I would love to see a longer version…

2 Likes

Doesn’t look to be on the table yet…

3 Likes

I love Kilmer. I’d be interested in seeing this happen one day. Maybe this cut doesn’t have the Seal song in it. :smirk:

3 Likes

I’m always interested in extended/director’s cuts of films, but it’s unfortunate Schumacher isn’t around to oversee it. Unless there’s a 100% finished version, any extended cut would be other people trying to recreated his plan from storyboards and script pages. Not that there isn’t value in that, it’s just a shame the actual director couldn’t be involved.

2 Likes

It really shouldn’t be all that hard to reconstruct. I mean, fans have already done so with far fewer resources. It seems like a quick, cheap way to offer “new” content on Max, so maybe their desperation for something that doesn’t have to be newly filmed will help Seal the deal.

5 Likes

And hell, I’d give it a watch. The deleted scenes I’ve seen in the past look pretty cool, could definitely help flesh out the story that’s there.

4 Likes

The question is does the version he turned in still exist as he turned it in? If so, it would be his original vision and easy to prepare.

1 Like

Forget the Snyder Cut of Justice League (2021)! The Schumacher Cut of Batman Forever (1995) is where it’s at!

3 Likes

I’d buy an extended cut of Batman Forever. :riddlerhqtas:

2 Likes

HBO Max is a great platform to try it unless they make a special directors cut Blu-ray, 4 k edition. I would buy it

2 Likes

Batman Forever is fine “as-is” and is completely in line, tonally, with Burton’s films.

This might be interesting as a fan-project, but there’s no reason - either financially or creatively - to create a Director’s Cut for the movie.

1 Like