Batman Forever 25th Anniversary Watch Along, Tues. June 16 6:00pm PST/9:00pm EST

On June 16, we celebrate 25 years of Batman Forever, Starring Val Kilmer as Bruce Wayne/ Batman with Tommy Lee Jones as Two-Face and Jim Carrey as the Riddler.
Please join me for Batman Forever 25 Anniversary watch along on June 16 at 6:00pm PST/9:00pm EST. :grinning::popcorn::desktop_computer:
While this movie is not on (sadly) DC Universe at this time,
If you have this movie on DVD, Blu-ray, 4K Ultra HD or on a streaming service without commercial, put that on. And use your computer, phone or tablet to post on this thread. See you there! :batman_hv_1: :clark_hv_4: :riddlerhqtas: :two_facehappyhqtas:

7 Likes

Unpopular opinion, but this was my favorite of the 4 films. Wish I could make it, but I can’t. Hope you have a great turnout though!!!

3 Likes

I liked it well enough. I could’ve lived without the nipples though.

2 Likes

I can’t believe this flick is 25! Dating myself, I saw it in the theater with friends: we waited in line for hours, leaving incredibly disappointed. I have access to it, maybe I’ll join if I’m available.

1 Like

I loved this as a kid and went through points in my life where I judged it, then after understand what it was my love for it came back.

2 Likes

Hello everybody, we’re just 1 week away from the Batman Forever 25th anniversary watch along!:grinning:

1 Like

Noticed Reganfan78 changed their icon, I do love me some Hank Williams Sr.!

1 Like

Thankyou, I’m glad you like it.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Me too, dude! I was a grumpy teen when it was released. I remember watching the audio commentary with Schumacher a long time ago and I took a totally different position on the film.

Also, as a total film snob, this movie has truly remarkable cinematography. Just saying.

2 Likes

It was his commentary that helped change my view too. I began to see it not as a sequel to returns but as a modern take on the batman 66 universe.

3 Likes

Yeah. Once I started looking at at as a Dick Sprang comic brought to life it helped a lot. I enjoy it now. It’s silly, comfort food. I don’t even consider it a part of the Batman 89 universe. There isn’t enough connective tissue. It’s really a reboot. Retells the origin. Doesn’t talk about previous events.

Now, Batman and Robin doesn’t work. Even Schumacher talks about how he lost all creative control to the studio with that mess.

3 Likes

Oof, now I’m trying to choose between doing this and doing the WAL for the Doom Patrol season finale…

2 Likes

I love Batman Forever. It’s absolutely my favorite of the Burton/Schumacher quadrilogy, and not only one of my favorite live-action Batman movies, but a favorite live-action DC flick in general.

However, I won’t be at the WAL due to other commitments. I’ll be here in spirit with you, @Lincolnfan78! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

As time has gone on, I’ve come to enjoy this movie, but at the time I hated it, from the opening heist scene, the colors, the way the music flourished, I groaned to my friends, that it was like Batman '66, which I have always adored, but I was disappointed back then, because what we loved about Burton’s films was bringing back the dark side of the Dark Knight. I didn’t want to go back to camp. Again, I’ve come to appreciate the film all these years later, and while I’d like to watch along tonight, like Vroom, I can’t but will be there is spirit. Have Fun Everyone!!!

4 Likes

How often can you celebrate a 25th anniversary though?

3 Likes

Yesterday I think was the 15 year for Batman Begins. Batman has been a huge part of my life. 89 Batman was the first movie I remember watching in theaters. I’ve been hooked ever since. I can remember vividly were I was 25 years ago. I was watching Batman forever. Lol

5 Likes

Ditto. I can tell you who I saw each of the films in this series with. It’s freaky.

1 Like

Please do tell.:slightly_smiling_face:

Just found this, the original opening for the movie. From what I understand, Forever is one of those movies that was heavily cut for content, so much so that after the announcement of Zack Snyder’s Justice League some were suggesting #releasetheforevercut.

3 Likes

50 more minutes til the watch along, I sure would like to see director cut of Batman Forever, had the movie been longer, it might have even been better! #releasetheforevercut! :slightly_smiling_face: