Batman Damned - Censored or Not ?

I prefer the Uncensored version just because it’s more realistic and dosnt bring up the question of his manhood. If they had just released the blacked out version people would have complained and said it wasn’t detailed and all that nonsense. Now I’m glad that they did do a clean version for kids that want to read I think that is wonderful!

What is your thoughts on this what do you prefer ?

2 Likes

I want to be able to see everything they have to offer :scream: well Batman :wink: XD

2 Likes

I think I could have lived to be a thousand and never felt the need to see Batman’s junk.

3 Likes

I’m bummed DC decided to censor the digital version. It just really highlights our societies issue with male nudity. A child being killed in over on Logan? A’OK! Nobody says a word because violence is encouraged. But seeing an outline of Batman’s sidekick? Everybody loses their mind. It’s ridiculous :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I’m 100% ok with the digital version being censored. Have no need to see lil bruce ever.

1 Like

I think they need to commit to the audience they made this imprint to be for. I have no real issue with censoring in Batman: Damned and my issue is not censored. But what will be censored next?

This is supposed to be a mature imprint for older readers. That’s what DC wanted it to be, and they need to commit to it. Let the younger readers pick up the DC ink and zoom imprints.

1 Like

I think that it’s artwork, and we shouldn’t censor someone’s art. Wasn’t the purpose of Black Label so that they could delve further into the artform and get passed the darker days of the oppressive Comics Code Authority and to modernize comics??? I suppose DC will do what’s best for their sales but I really hope they don’t go back on their bold move. They are the company that produced Brave and The Bold, so one can only hope that they follow suit and continue to do good work and give the artists range. HBO is a success for many reasons, DC following in the footsteps of success would be phenomenal for both their sales and their customers. It would also be a phenomenal step towards continuing to progress comic history and the industry. As long as it’s restricted to 18+ at the stores, I don’t see why it should be a problem in the first place.

2 Likes

I felt like it was more natural/fitting since he was nude in a non-sexual situation than the playboy nipples through armored outfits on girl heroines/villains. I don’t mind sexy. I don’t mind nudity. But it should make sense in the context of the story. This was fine.

2 Likes

I love all your responses and agree with all your points. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts.

Keep on reading and have an amazing day!

I get my copy tomorrow. It’s funny we can show tons of violence, but when there is nudity! Everyone loses there minds!

2 Likes

A few of these responses remind me of the Joker :heart_eyes:

1 Like

called my local comic store they told me they were sold out … so i guess ill wait

1 Like

I love the joker and yeah your right they did haha! Also if you want a copy try discount comic book store online or something like that they had some last time I checked it was like 13$ in all.

Nah, if they had just released the blacked out version, no one would have batted an eye, because everyone is super used to seeing Mainstream Comics do that with naked characters. Just some continent shadows, always on the naughty bits. I mean, even in the Uncensored version, it’s still wreathed in shadows, and you could very easily miss that the outline of the Bat-Dong is on display. Heck, I could even believe that the Offending Member was added afterwards, when someone higher up said, “This is our edgy label, put his Doodad in there.”

1 Like

Yeah that makes since and I’m glad for both versions makes it feel more adult rated and I love that.