Batman/Catwoman Discussion Thread

It was a great start to the series. I haven’t really bought too many physical comics since Rebirth started but I couldn’t resist picking up some of the variants for #1. Can’t wait to see what King has in store for us.

2 Likes

was on amazon looking up dc novels (not graphic novels) and saw The first book is now Its available on kindle unlimited

1 Like

you can get the second book on amazon kindle store right now

1 Like

So with Issue 2 out this week, what do people think of it? I have a few theories on how things are going to play out, but I think we can all agree that Joker getting killed by Selina in the future was kinda underwhelming. It will be interesting to see how that plays out in the remaining ten issues.

1 Like

So I read Batman/Catwoman #1 for the first time today for DC Universe Infinite. It’s amazing. I like the dark and gritty nature of the story. The artwork for Catwoman really stands out in the first issue. Some of her poses are seductive; some show off her flexibility; and some show off her ability to “negotiate.” I’m trying to write a spolier-free note here.

This issue is a friendly reminder to fans that Selina has it going on, and I can support that notion in this story. When more issues arrive on DC Universe Infinite, I hope to read and enjoy those too like I did this first issue.

Hats off :tophat: to the whole team for this one. I thought it was pretty good.

4 Likes

Ya, it does have the right amount of fanservice, and it gets more interesting as the issues go on.

1 Like

@Nobody.bladesmith , good to hear about more interesting things to come. The plotline seems pretty rich with available angles and twisty-turneys.

The fanservice I think is Ok because it allows for a lot of interpretation for readers like us and creativity for the artists, which appears to be a very powerful 1-2 punch. I realize that fanservice can go overboard, you know, but this first issue didn’t have a problem with balancing between extremes.

Well, batcat is the DC power couple that gets pulled apart the most. It takes the longest to get together other than a booty call after a reboot. So it makes some sense for them to be hot and heavy. Well, you wait for the next issue. I recommend reading batman vol 3 annual number 2 if you have yet to as that is the issue that this world starts.

1 Like

@Nobody.bladesmith , I found the issue you are recommending. Boy, that one is filled with a lot of emotion in it. I even got a teary eye.

Thanks for pointing it out to me.

1 Like

your welcome, it’s a favorite of mine.

Does anyone know why it only shows the first 2 comics in the infinite app? Is it contract? Timed app releases? Thanks

It is a timed release. As I recall, new comics usually go up here three months after they get released in stores.

1 Like

The policy is actually 6 months. Issue #3 is set to hit DCUI next week. The series in general is only on issue #5 out of 12 total, so it’s gonna be quite a while before we get the whole thing here

1 Like

#6 comes out tomorrow so it will be on DCUI February 2022.

#8 just got solicited for November.

It’s going to be a while folks.

2 Likes

Yeah, the book has been very interesting so far, but it’s been mired by a lot of delays. So much so that three issues will be drawn by a different artist, Liam Sharp. Sharp is an AMAZING artist, but it’s definitely going to feel out of left field.

1 Like

On that note, it’ll be interesting to see how/if Sharp adapts his art style to mesh better with Clay Mann’s. As much as I’ve been enjoying his work in Batman: Reptilian, it’s nothing like what Bat/Cat has been doing so far.

1 Like

I think I’ve seen it said somewhere that it won’t be exactly like Clay Mann, I think he’s compared his work to something like Bill Sienkiewicz, which…that’ll probably look pretty damn good too. Here’s some Sienkiewicz to get an idea.

2 Likes

May Tom King never write another story related to Batman or Catwoman. Ever.

Amen