Batman: Arkham Games

It’s really not much of an ordeal if you collect then as you go through the game.

2 Likes

I collected all on Asylum. Since then I’ve been too busy to devote the time necessary to do the same on Knight.

1 Like

I got platinums in Asylum twice and Knight once, and i’m pretty sure Origins

I got almost all of the Riddler trophies in Asylum and City but don’t care enough to go for all them and especially Arkham Knight with batmobile stuff.

Going after some of them and solving riddles can be fun but don’t really give a damn about all achievements and completing games up to 100%

2 Likes

Play Asylum first, then City, then Knight.
If you want, you can skip origins but it is still a fun game.
The best is Arkham City.

Yes…there has been, it was announced a whole year ago.

If you haven’t played any of them yet, I would suggest playing them in the order of release - Arkham/City/Origins/Knight… They are all great games and worth playing.

Are you playing them yet?

Definitely City is widely considered the best. I would argue that’s largely because Knight pissed people off with the Batmobile, and Asylum’s combat hadn’t been perfected yet… certainly the predator stuff was.

I would genuinely say any game that isn’t a core console port (Knight, Origins, Asylum or City) aren’t worth playing as they have less production value, no impact in the story line, and aren’t even made by the actual developers. Just focus on the console games. I would honestly say skip Origins, but it is getting a sequel so it is kind of a play-requirement now.

The reason why Origins is bad to me is because of the combat changes and the predator changes. It feels like a significant devolution of the game play. I’ve heard a lot of people complain about the story, which I find a totally weak argument. It has nothing to do with the story that lessens the fun of the game, it’s the game itself.

I am very excited for the next Arkham game because I think WBM heard the criticism loud and clear, saw the reviews, and they don’t want to look like idiots again. I think WBM learned a lot the first go-around, so the second coming should be a total revitalization of every thing WBM did right, along with a rebirth of everything Rocksteady did to innovate the series
featured but with WBM’s own twist.

If you had to play them in an unorthodox order I would definitely say play Arkham first, Origins second, then City, then Knight.

Origins is just so weak playwise that it feels like a devolution from City, and as it is a prequel to City and Asylum, it would serve well to play it in juxtaposition. City is a direct sequel to Asylum, but you won’t lose track of any significant details from Asylum if you play Origins in the middle. You definitely need to play Knight after City though; because the way the game play changes it is hugely significant to be attached mentally to the way you played City; it will make you better at the game if you forget the combat restrictions of Origins.

2 Likes

I definitely remember Origins feeling very different, but it’s been too long to put my finger on how in terms of the combat. I definitely got the sense that the Predator sections were laid out differently (worse) and the henchmen were a lot twitchier and would seem to turn around and spot me without much warning or predictability. Maybe I didn’t see the difference in the combat because I’m bad at combat anyway, while I have a better sense for the strategy and rhythm of the Predator stuff.

Also, the boss fights in Origins are nicely varied in gameplay, but also hate you and want to see you cry. Deathstroke in particular is absolutely miserable unless you know the single, otherwise-not-that-useful ability he can’t counter.

3 Likes

In my opinion, Origins is the worst Arkham game in the same way Dark Knight Rises is the worst movie in the Nolan trilogy. It’s only the worst because the others are just such great games.

2 Likes

I go with Begins being the worst Nolan Bat movie

If you want to play them in order it’s, Origins, Origins Blackgate, Asylum, City, VR , then knight

2 Likes

I’m working on them as well its a bit tedious yet fun, I have 49 left good luck and just take it for what it is.

2 Likes

So ALL 4 games are considered to be great games. So when one person says one of them isn’t as good as the others, it’s doesn’t mean that it was bad, it just means it isn’t AS good as the others.

So out of the trilogy, the second, Arkham City is known to be the best. It has a great story like Asylum and has the expansiveness of Knight.

I have only played Knight and am currently in the process of playing Asylum and then will play City. I don’t plan on playing Origins any time soon. But based off of others people’s opinion, I wouldn’t skip any of the 4 games.

People don’t like Origins as much as the other games. A lot of people say it was rushed, the open world felt empty, and the story was decent. One major positive people say is that the boss battles in Origins is the best in the series.

And yes, people are still 100% excited for the next Batman game even though it’s from WB Montreal. WB Montreal have had several years to develop this game so people aren’t worried. We starving for it and I can’t wait!

1 Like

I love all of them including the VR. But I do rank them as Asylum, Knight, City, VR, Origins. But I am a bit biased as I’ve had to restart City so many times that I was frustrated.
I do think Origins was not worth the price compared to the others simply because it was short. And when I played it, I noticed the bugs like being unable to crawl through the duct or even drop from it and falling through the floor. But other than that, it’s still a a great game, I just would have waited for it to be on sale if I knew.
There are alot of factors as to why people don’t like Knight. Apparently computers couldn’t handle it (I did have to buy a new computer), they tried to misguided us with characters who they said we’re not going to be in it but we all knew they were like 10 mins in, etc. I really enjoyed it and it’s the first Arkham game I finished over 100%. The batmobile is great fun.
In fact, Batman V Superman reminded me alot of the Arkham games. With the Batmobile and the Batman fight in the warehouse.
The VR is worth it if you’re a Batman fan. Standing in a mirror and seeing yourself as Batman is so cool.

1 Like

You’ll probably want to play them all if you are into stories in games. And seeing as you are on DC universe, I am assuming you probably are. The Arkham games have a long, over arching story to them.

Gameplay is great and fun. Stories are cool and what they do with major batman characters is very interesting and fun. Play for nothing else than Mark Hamill’s joker. In most games, his commentary will follow you through the game, and it’s amazing and hilarious.

However, I will say I have had about enough of this arkham series, and would like a reboot series of new batman games in a different universe. I feel they are just about beating a dead horse with the current universe

In my opinion Origins is the best. The story is well thought out and really peels back the layers of the Batman/Joker relationship. I think the boss fights are great and well done. Fights with Deathstroke, Firefly, and Copperhead are memorable and inventive. The acting is amazing, I still consider Roger Craige Smith as one of the best Batman actors, and it has my favorite skin selection in the series. I will admit that the story can drag a bit with the eight assassins thing gone by the half way mark, but I find the stuff with Joker and Bane to make up for it. Also no one mentions the soundtrack, love the christmas music mixed in with the gothic morbid action music.

Asylum is my second favorite largely because I’m a big fan of Arkham Asylum by Grant Morrison, and I can tell they took big influence from there. The Asylum feels haunting, its creepy and captures Dave Mckean’s art in some portions of the game, The voice acting is great as always with Mark and Kevin stealing the show, and the simplicity of the story is nice and enjoyable

Knight I don’t think is too bad, but has it’s flaws. The Red Hood thing is easy to see, Scarecrow is not really used well, and the Barbra fake out isn’t that good. However, The combat, graphics, and side missions make for a vast amount of it’s faults. Knight has some of the more memorable side missions with Pyg, Man Bat, and Blackfire, Deep dives I really like to see. However the story and some bits with the batmobile drag it down a bit

City is my least favorite because the plot seems very much like Hush to me, a showcase of all of Batman’s best villains and heroes with a loose thread connecting them. Combat is good and I love the detail, but the story drags it out for me and seems very contrived.

In ranking, this is how I would place them

Origins
Asylum
Knight
City

Did you play them?

First, I wanna say I love Origins. It’s honestly my favorite story out of all of the games. Arkham Asylum is my second favorite. City… while I appreciate how they incorporated all the characters they did I am not a fan of the story. IDK why it always just rubbed me the wrong way. Knight I was both highly disappointed and astounded. I love the dual play, animation, graphics, and the DLC episodes but they lied and said Scarecrow was the main villain and that Arkham Knight was a completely new character than… who we got I’m not gonna spoil it for you. Plus the game was locked behind the Batmobile in many places which was annoying. It was cool to drive but it would’ve been better if you didn’t need it to complete the game.

1 Like

Arkham City is the best one out of them all but I recommend on of these ways to play them.

1. Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Arkham Knight and Arkham Origins
  2. Arkham Origins, Arkham Asylum, Arkham City and Arkham Knight
  3. Arkham Asylum, Arkham City, Arkham Origins and Arkham Knight

You can choose which one you want, but I don’t think all of them are worth skipping, but they’re optional.