Batman Action Figure Thread

Play Arts Kai has a lot of cool Batmans, but this Variant is the most distinctive. Like if Batman was a Final Fantasy character

1 Like

SH Figuarts Injustice Batman. Die cast armor pieces, and i love this weirdly shaped cowl

1 Like

Tonner Batman fashion doll. i love the colors, the face sculpt, and under the removable mask he has rooted hair!

2 Likes

@biff_pow Nice picks! I’ve always wanted one of them Japanese hyper articulated figures, but I end up spending on other stuff. That Mafex Hush Batman looks impressive, for sure. I think they also announced a TDKR Bats in the same line.

Have you seen the Play Arts Kai “Steampunk” Batman? I nominate it for busiest figure ever made.

1 Like

I hadn’t seen that one! Sheesh! Cowboy Batman, Samurai Batman, Ice Road Trucker Batman

1 Like

Since I previously championed Iron Winch Batman, I do want to express my affinity for Laser Batman, too. (Shadow Wing Batman and Black Turtleneck Michael Keaton deserve love as well.) Oh, and let’s not forget the Batcave Command Center, aka the greatest playset of the 90s.

2 Likes

Laser Batman is a good one and a highlight of the Batman Returns line. He’s one of the few Kenner Keaton Batmen to not be just a repaint of the basic Batman body.

The Batcave Command Center (and it’s assorted re-releases which span the Kenner, Hasbro and Mattel labels) is indeed a wonderful playset and one of my favorites.

However, I find the Batman Forever Batcave playset to be the playset of the 90’s, DC or otherwise. Nothing else literally comes close to its mammoth size, play features and ingenuity. It may have come out in the '90’s, but it’s more akin to an 80’s style playset given its creativity and how much playability it offered.

948d256d6a3a74593c5dfcb79ce79201.jpg

3 Likes

@dylankneer Congrats on scoring the Croc wave!

When you get them, please be sure to share your thoughts in the “The DC Multiverse Killer Croc wave is out” thread in this section. It’s a great wave!

1 Like

The Batman Forever Batcave is indeed enormous. I’ll compromise and say that the ideal option is to buy the BF Batcave and the Wayne Manor Batcave Compound (the '95 variant of the Command Center) and place them on the carpet of your bedroom together for maximum bat-goodness.

Two more shout-outs: the Kenner Arctic Batman was a great option for anyone wanting something vaguely Mazzucchelli-esque in 1992, and the recent Batman v Superman Ultimate Batcave makes my childhood self very, very envious.

Dishonorable mention goes to the Toy Biz Batman. I’m still trying to overcome the trauma I felt when the retractable belt rope came loose and disappeared into the plastic abyss mere minutes after I had taken the toy out of the packaging.

2 Likes

@AlexanderKnox As someone who had the BF Batcave as a kid, and has the Wayne Manor Batcave Compound (the BF iteration of the Batcave Command Center), that’s a compromise I can get behind.

I love Arctic Batman too. He would have been my first Batman Returns figure, but I ended up choosing Air Attack Batman instead. I still remember that day at Kay-Bee.

Speaking of Arctic Batman, I remember he piloted the Turbojet Batwing in the box art for its reissue in the Batman Returns line.

As I looked at that on a Walmart endcap, I thought “Why is the Batwing in the Batman Returns line? It was in the previous line and movie.”.

Adult me thinks “Why didn’t I buy that then?”.

Regarding the BvS Batcave, that is indeed a great set. It’s the Batman Forever Batcave of modern Batcave playsets, and like the Batcave Command Center, it’s been reissued too. It’s one (and at this point, only) reissue was in the Justice League movie line.

2 Likes

My heart still belongs to DC Direct/Collectibles.

Favorite Batman figure: Jim Lee’s Batman from the Hush line (2004)

Other highlights in my Top Ten:
Kenner Super Powers
Silver Age DCD Batman/Robin Pack (2003)
Kenner BTAS Batman
DCC BTAS Batman
DCD Kingdom Come Batman
Mattel Batman '66
DCC Icons Batman
Mego Batman

Someday I’ll figure out how to post pics… :wink:

3 Likes

@Super-Squirrel, I almost mentioned that Hush Batman figure from DC Direct, but I figured I would leave that to those that had it in their collection, like you. DC Direct figures almost always did a great job capturing comic book art in physical form and this one is a great representation of Jim Lee’s art (its got that scowl down pretty giod). Took the liberty of scouring the inter-webs for a picture for ya (www.joeacevdo.com, a great DC figure archive site).

1 Like

Have to mention DCD Direct released a repaint of that Hush Batman, under the Reactivated line. It had the yellow oval bat symbol and a new capsule utility belt. I bought it when I was looking for a comic book Batman in that style, not knowing it was a repaint at the time. Still, pretty happy with it.

1 Like

Typos… me hates typos.

That archive website… here is a proper link:

https://www.joeacevedo.com

Joe Ace has a nifty site.

I like the DC Direct Hush Batman. I avoided it for years, but eventually came around to it. I would love to see a new Hush Batman from DCC with much more articulation. Maybe McFarlane will do one.

1 Like

@Vroom
Your acclaim of the Zipline Batman has won me over! I’ve decided to look for one on the ol’ eBay website. Here’s hoping! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Good luck @Batwing52.

1 Like

Why thanks, @moro!

1 Like

@Batwing52 Thanks and good luck in your hunt!

2 Likes