Batman 66' on the App???

Will the ever put on the old Batman 66’ on the app? I love just it and watch all of them from start to finish. Plus get see the best Batman ever to Grace the cape and cowl…The White Knight : Adam West

4 Likes

Some of our titles are currently under licensing agreements with other vendors and cannot currently be shown on DC Universe. I suggest keeping an eye on the Watchtower to see what titles will be added in the future. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Why so angry Burt? The Dynamic Duo are currently on the Roku Channel, and can be watched for free if you have a Roku. That should make even an angry Boy Wonder smile.

1 Like

IFC too :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Harley. I had a feeling that was the reason why as well as few other show such as Smallville.

Lmao.! Yeah I seen it on the Roku channel but Lord that thing drops on me all the time just like Hulu. I get half way through an episode and boom it drops and I got start all over again. Its a real pain at times.

I’m pretty sure this is one they’re saving for Batman Day. It would be a perfectly timed incentive for those of us who subscribed for a year up front to renew.

From what I remember, FOX currently holds the rights for not just Batman '66, but Batman in live action TV as well. A few years back Fox and WB made a deal so they could do a DVD/blu-ray set and comics using likeness from the show, but they’d probably have to renegotiate for streaming rights.

What I wonder is if the rights are with Fox regular, or 20th Century Fox, and if their recent buy out from Disney makes something like that more or less likely.

1 Like

Someone’s getting the financial cheddar they seek if the show is on Roku and cable right now, in HD no less.

MeTV still shows clips of it in their ads, even though it hasn’t been on that channel for months.

1 Like

I still catch those Adam West Batman episodes form time to time. I remember watching the 1968 and 1969 episodes when they were new episodes. I was pretty young back then, but I still remember. I was especially fond of Batgirl (even at that young of an age;).

I remember every time “That Girl” came on, I was always disappointed it was not “Bat Girl.”

So yeah, I still enjoy watching that old Batman TV series every now and then. I have not checked it out on the Roku Channel yet, but I watched it for a time when it was still on MeTV.

MACJR

2 Likes

@Vroom… I catch them on MeTV every Saturday night. I even tell work I have to be home for Batman on Saturdays lol. So they give them to me off or work me in the morning. They know my love for 66’ Batman as even my apron has the 66’ Batman Adam West chest on it.

1 Like

Is Batman back on MeTV now? I hadn’t bothered to look since Roku has it.

Maybe it’s a regional availability thing and my MeTV affiliate doesn’t show it.

@Vroom, the time slot that had Batman in my area was replaced with Lost in Space a few months back. I have not checked to see if MeTV moved it to another time slot.

MACJR

Yeah, Lost in Space took over that slot on my channel too.

I caved a few years back & purchased the series from iTunes. Totally worth it! Love being able to watch it anytime I want. Love that campy Batman. Plus, I am finally brave enough to be proud of it! Hooray!

2 Likes

Yeah, it would definitely be one of the crown jewels of the DCU to have here with the George Reeves Superman series and the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman. My MeTV affiliate quit showing it a few months back, but I think it’s on the IFC channel. I’m pretty sure HBO has dibs on the ‘66 movie.

2 Likes

Would love to see the 66 Batman show added on here. Would binge the hell out of it.

1 Like

Username checks out

I love Batman 66 and hate calling campy, wrong guys it was and another time, please understand that. May be titans in 2050 it’s gonna call him campy, right…thanks my opinion

1 Like

I’m in favor. :sunglasses:

1 Like