Batman 1989 (Movie)

A Relseworld Rale . . . rhehehehe. :upside_down_face:

:thinking: :face_with_monocle: :smiley:
xdbbgx

3 Likes

The home video geek in me is compelled to spotlight the two-disc Special Edition DVD of Batman, which (along with its sequels) came out in October of 2005, alongside the initial DVD release of Batman Begins (and The Batman vs. Dracula and the Batman movie serial from Columbia, but who’s counting :wink:):

It was the Special Edition DVD we’d been wanting of Batman since the DVD format began in the US 8 years prior, and it was worth the wait. The set sported excellent special features, a new digital transfer and, for the first time in Region 1, DTS audio.

The Criterion Collection aside, nobody did high-quality special edition DVDs better than Warner Home Video (as they were known in 2005), and Batman was but one of many titles that was proof of that.

The movie’s best current physical media release is this:

The 2005 SE DVD special features are carried over and the 4K transfer is an absolute beauty. Batman is absolutely among the top two 4K transfers of the Burton/Schumacher movies (the other top-tier effort being Batman Forever).

If you’ve never seen Batman in 4K, you owe it to yourself to rent or purchase it, because its absolutely worth any fan’s time.

If you’re wanting a nostalgic blast from the past, the Special Edition DVD is dirt cheap and worth your time as well. :nerd_face:

2 Likes

I saw a '66 Batmobile the other day while I was working. I didn’t get a great look at it because we were driving opposite directions.

2 Likes

Daph as BG! :star_struck:

3 Likes

And from a movie that was surprisingly pretty darn good, as well.

2 Likes

The hair color, the purple . . . the clues are starting to add up! :smile:

2 Likes

Anyone ever listen to it? Kevin Smith is a Batman fan, pulls no punches, as he was there in 1989. But he makes some good points and it’s quite funny too.

3 Likes

Happy DC Anniversary @DC89, it’s always great having you on here, DC Universe Infinite wouldn’t be a same without you, you really make this a fun place to visit. :partying_face::cake::tada::confetti_ball: :00_batgirl:

1 Like

OMG that is sweetest, kindest thing ever- thank you sooo much @Reaganfan78! :hugs:

3 Likes

aksjdkflajdfkladfkahnsdfjkhajhfdabatmanjshdfkjahdfjkahdfj;kahdf;ahdfa;hfd;ahdf;a

2 Likes

We need a shrinking ray STAT!

4 Likes

that’s a good idea! i’ve been researching the Weinerizer from Weinerville and i think it might not be real

MV5BZmNlMTkyZmItYjg1NS00NzA0LThhZTMtY2FlNGYyZDA3ZDQwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTQ1OTM3Mzc@.V1

3 Likes

maybe i’ll buy it and make my dog wear it

2 Likes

Ah, Weinerville. Nickelodeon’s most surreal show that most don’t remember or know about.

I bet Keaton’s Bruce watches it on the Batcave TV when Alfred is out. When he hears “Master Wayne, again with Wienerville?”, Bruce quickly switches the TV off and resumes his brooding.

3 Likes

Become the dark knight for only $15… well… the miniature version, I guess :eyes:. Whew what a bargain…

3 Likes

:laughing:

3 Likes

Screenshot_2022-09-21_18-57-27

3 Likes

:purple_heart: Hooray!

4 Likes

ngl if i saw that cartoon Wonder Woman walking towards me i’d be terrified

3 Likes

:smiley: :00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

4 Likes