⚫ :batparrot: Batgirls Discussion (SPOILERS) :batparrot: 🟣

Yara! I love her very much. I haven’t caught up with her series in a hot minute but it was instantaneous love for her from the first page, haha.

2 Likes

You’re a Yara fan? Get out of Dakota, I didn’t know that! What fun! :partying_face:

hands over a “I :heart: Yara Flor!” t-shirt in Static’s size

SN: The stitching around :heart: and “Yara Flor” is worthy of note in the Esquecidan archives.

The whole shebang’s in our library. “Read all of the latest Wonder Girl series.” is a fine, fine New Year’s resolution, BTW.

Likewise. When I saw the solicit for Future State: Wonder Woman #1, my inner-Nicholson Joker came out and said “Stop the press! Who is that?”

Along with Harley, Yara is a Day One favorite of mine.

2 Likes

The first issue of the new year is here! :partying_face:

Here’s a look at the covers for Batgirls #14:

Main/A cover, by Jorge Corona.

B cover, by Artgerm.

What are your expectations for Batgirls #14, and which cover is your favorite (I doubt I need to ask @millernumber1 for his choice. :wink:)?

2 Likes

You do NOT need to ask me which cover I’m getting - B all the way! It needs to go next to my covers for Batgirl (2009) #14, World’s Finest #1, and Festival of Heroes!

My expectations is that Cass will find Steph! Because she’s a hero, and heroes never leave other heroes in the lurch!

2 Likes

Wow, this issue was a STANDOUT. I think it’s gonna be up there with Batman and Robin Eternal #13, Batman Eternal #24, Detective Comics #980, Batgirl (2000) #28, Batgirl (2009) #4, 14, 17, etc as one of the all time character issues people recommend by themselves for Cass! Jonathan Case really turned in a fantastic issue of art, and Cloonan and Conrad wrote their hearts out (even if some of the writing was a bit of cheating when it’s supposed to be a “silent” issue. :slight_smile: )

4 Likes

This was quite the fascinating issue. Liked seeing Casandra’s mind at work. But i find this just as interesting as that is Talia’s emblem tattooed on this LOA members arm.

Fms5MUbWYAcEM62

3 Likes

Uh-oh. The Demon’s daughter might be showin’ up in The Hill.

4 Likes

Forgot to include proof of it being Talia’s mark from tec 1064

4 Likes

So, first Shiva drops in and now Talia might be blowing though? There def seems to be something big connected to the killing of those two people near Kyle’s house. (BTW- I still need to read BGs #14 so I’m still a bit out of the loop)

4 Likes

There are, once again, many, many plates spinning in Batgirls, but it feels like Cloonan and Conrad have a much firmer hand on those plates so the switching between plotlines and providing more information feels much more organic. I love it!

4 Likes

Agreed. BGs is my #1 fave. :purple_heart:
:00_batgirl1: :00_batgirl_cass_cain: :00_batgirl_cass_cain:

3 Likes

We clearly need a Batgirl Stephanie Brown react emoji! :00_robin:

3 Likes

#Fact

4 Likes

Wait…wait…WAIT I MISSED IT THE FIRST TIME!!! FROM Batgirls (2021-) #1 :2022 Annual

Fms5MUbWYAcEM62

and Tec 1064 Something Talia this way comes!

3 Likes

ALL the connections!

3 Likes

:thinking: But what does it mean for the future? a limited series involving an LOA civil war between father and daughter, will we finally see a fight between Cassandra and Talia, or perhaps a fight between Lady shiva and The Demon’s Daughter?

2 Likes

We just have to wait and see! And enjoy Batgirls! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As Kirk said to Scotty in Star Trek: Generations, “I thought you might.”

Being that Cass is my fav BG, I am now super-stoked to read the mag when it drops on Ultra.

4 Likes

Have some PICS!

4 Likes

Could I have some sugar, please?

tilts cup about in a playful fashion

Seriously, nice stuff!

looks at The Web #3

Ah, that was a fun series.

3 Likes